Chapter Twenty One

"Get up, Butter cup!" a muffled voice says. I moan into the pillow that is covering my face.

"Mom, go away!" I say as I raise the pillow up to talk. As I go to lower it back down, someone jumps over onto the bed and grabs it.

"I'm not your mom," a familiar voice says. I look over and Kriss is holding my pillow. She has an amused expression on her face. She glances over at the doorway where my mother and Elise are standing.

"What do you all want," I mumble.

"Well, first of all, you have a Halloween photo shoot today," my mom says. She walks over and leans on the foot on my bed. Elise follows and sits properly on the edge of the bed.

"Halloween photo shoot?" I ask. My mom nods.

"Halloween is in two weeks. So, all the press wants are pictures of you and the five guys. So, you all have fake Halloween costumes for the shoot since the real wants haven't been decided yet," my mom explains.

"Why must I deal with this pain?" I yell before flopping.over to my stomach and pushing my head in the comforter. I hear giggles around me.

"I bet Flynn will be there," Kriss teases into my ear. I raise my head up and stick my hand in her face.

"Hush, young grasshopper. You must learn the correct ways to get me out of bed," I say before removing my hand and shoving my face into the bed again. More giggles erupt and someone grabs my ankles.

"Yes, young grasshopper. You must learn the way to get Celia to rise," my mother says. She begins to pull and I grab the headboard.

"Fine, I'm up!" I yell after a while. I jump up and begin to jump on the bed.

"Celia Ann Schreave, sit down and listen to me," my mother spits. I stop jumping and sit down. My dress takes up have the bed when I land from my jump to sit.

"Okay, sorry. I want to be a mutant queen bee," I decide quickly. My mother rolls her eyes.

"You're going to wear the costume I wore during the Selection," she chimes.

"What? I never decided that," I blurt.

"Some magazine had a pole to see what everyone should be. Over half the people chose it," my mother states.

"So what were you?" I ask.

"Your mother was an elegant butterfly. You will look amazing in her costume," Elise says, speaking for the first time since she came in here.

"Great," I mutter. My mother raises her eyebrows but I turn to Kriss and Elise. "So, what are you two doing here?" I ask.

"We are helping plan the Halloween party. So, we're staying here for the next two weeks," Elise says.

"And we can do make overs and braid each other's hair!" Kriss jokes. I laugh with everyone else. "But seriously, give me the scoop on Flynn," Kriss says.

"There isn't really anything to tell. We were fighting and he missed me," I say. Kriss and Elise squeal.

"Guys seem to do that a lot," my mom says. We all giggle.

"Princess Celia, are you ready to prepare for the photo shoot?" a maid asks as she sticks her head in the door.

"She is," my mother says. All three move from their positions and walks to the door.
Halloween, yay! I was hoping I could get to Halloween at Halloween time but that didn't happen. Please tell me what you think. Please comment what you think the guys' Halloween costumes should be.

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.