14 | Hugging Your Crush

Armaan had done everything in his power to not get angry when Adra had told him she didn't want him as a boyfriend

He was being selfish and mean. He didn't even try to understand why Adra would say that.

He couldn't think going through school without her. God, she was perfect. He was so used to her staring at him, her blushing, her laughter. How can he forget it all? He couldn't. But he wanted to. His ego was too big.

So he did the next possible thing. He went out with Sandhya, Aditi's friend. His sister had always bugged him to go out with her because apparently she 'liked' him a lot.

But he didn't expect Adra to be there too. God, he wanted to die when he saw how she looked at him. As if she didn't know him.

It actually made Armaan want to cry, he didn't feel so disgusted in his life with him. She probably thought he was playing with her and lying to her. But no, he wasn't doing that. How could he do that? That too, to Adra.

Circumstances and misunderstandings made him look like a bad guy. Maybe he was the bad guy but he would never use girls. He didn't like even a second of being with Sandhya, he could only think about his Adra.

He was staring at his ceiling, he didn't want to go to school anymore, he just got ignored by the person he craved the most attention from

Armaan always knew Adra liked him, he was observant enough to know it. He was so happy when she started talking to him. He even gave her a chocolate everyday. . .

But all that was in the dustbin now. Armaan had ruined everything. She wouldn't even text him back or pick up his calls. Not that he tired doing that. . . . Adra was bigger than his ego. He had to call her.

She didn't pick up as he expected and he sighed sadly. Roshan and Aditi had noticed the change in him but they didn't dare ask what happened.

"Armaan," his mother was standing in front of his bedroom door, "is it that Adra again?"

Armaan sighed, maybe he would talk to him mom about that.

"Yes, mumma," he said, "we had a fight."

"You said you'll introduce me to her," his mother frowned, "was the fight because if that?"

He shook his head and proceed to tell her the whole story. His mother frowned as she listened to him. In the end she hit his head and Armaan feigned hurt.

"Ouch," he said, "what did I do?"

"You were forcing a girl to be in a relationship with you," she hit him again, "is that what I've taught you?"

Armaan shook his head, he was happy that his parents didn't mind that he had girlfriends. Though he never had a girlfriend before but Adra was definitely going to be his first and hopefully his last girlfriend.

"Her birthday is coming up, you say?" his mother asked, "throw a party for her."

That's what he did, except he shouldn't have said everyone that it was his party because he didn't realize that Adra would think he was ruining things for her. But how was he suppose to keep it a surprise? In the end he told her the truth and her face immediately turned guilty. But Armaan still felt more guilty than her.