Chapter 7

Taylor's Outfit ^^^

Chapter 7 Mae

It did not take me long to find Taylor. She was in the middle of the dance floor, dancing by herself. That did not mean that she was lonely, it meant that she wouldn't let the guys lingering around dance with her. She was having the time of her life.

"I got the drinks!" I yelled over the music. A big smile spread across her face.

"Finally!" She said and grabbed one of the drinks out of my hand, "Chug and dance!"

"I don't know... I'm not that good-" I was cut off.

"Don't be a pansy ass!" she screamed at me. That was all it took. I would never ever stoop to the level of pansy ass. I quickly tilted back my neck and pressed the glass to my lips. I promptly chugged it down. It burned, but did have a fruity aroma that hid the disgusting aftertaste. It was uncomfortable, but tolerable. I almost gagged, but kept going. I heard a few cheers around me. When I say a few, I really just ment Taylor.

Right when I finished, I felt a rush of warmth flow through me and my head got fuzzy. I had never had alcohol hit me that fast. When I drank with my brother, it took about a half an hour before I felt the effects of intoxication. It was my vision that was the most affected. It was blurry, but all the colors were enunciated. I should have been worried, but at that moment, I couldn't care less

"How are you feeling?" Taylor asked as she walked right up to me. She grabbed my arm.

"Like I finally feel alive," I laughed and just started to dance. I really couldn't dance, but my embarrassment did not stop me. My hearing started to fluctuate. One second, I felt as if I could hear each step an ant made all the way from the parking lot, and the next, I could barely hear the music.

The dance floor started to move under me... Or maybe I was moving in circles? I did not know. Taylor moved her arms up and down in sync with the beat. For some reason, it looked like she grew 10 feet and was able to touch the roof, which made me laugh.

"Having fun?" She whispered, or did she yell it? I didn't know. I didn't care. I wanted to touch the ceiling too.

"Fun, fun, fun," I laughed and started twirling in circles. I felt an itch on my back as if someone was watching me. I turned around. Jacin was leaning against the railing staring at me. He was across the dance floor and on the upper level. I stopped moving for a second and just stared at him. Wow, that boy was fine. He gave me a small smile, which I returned. Yet, as fast as the moment came, was how fast it left. Candy the Bitch swung her arm around Jacin and pulled him toward her. Right when he looked at her, she planted a kiss on his lips. That was when my heart fell and my realistic side came out to chastise me. We don't think assholes are cute.

I turned toward Taylor, and saw her melt to the floor in a puddle of goo. Even though the plausibility of that actually occuring was slim to none, my eyes did not seem to care. The faces of the people around me started to morph into different animals. Coyotes, pigs, cows, etc. All of the Old McDonalds animals were getting their party on.

I could not understand my emotions. It was as if all of them were intermingling with each other. They seemed to be at a party of their own. I felt both joyful and angry. I wanted to cry and slap Candy, but I also wanted to give her a high five because she had the bravery to just kiss someone randomly. Yet, out of anger and joy, jealousy outweighed them all. I was not usually a spiteful person, but for some reason tonight I was. I wanted to give Jacin a taste of his own medicine. All I needed to do was find a viable option.

I turned toward the crowd and saw a few men, most of whom were shirtless and giving me different side looks. One stood out to me. He had light brown hair that was shaved on the side, and longer in the middle. He seemed to spike the longer strands up with hair gel. His eyes were hazel, which were surrounded by dark long eyelashes. In my state, I couldn't tell how tall he was, all I knew was that he was taller than me. He was dancing with three other girls who were all fighting for his attention, but he just kept giving me looks. I gave him the cutest smile I could muster up. I probably looked like a drunken sloth. I think he returned the smile, but I was not sure. The only thing I knew was that in a split second, he was right in front of me. He was even cuter up close. I wrapped my left arm around his neck and brought his face down to mine.