Chapter 60

Sidney

Fire. Everything was burning fire. I had somehow slept well through the night with my full belly and Tyson laying on me like some sort of security blanket guard dog. It was 3 in the morning when I woke drenched in sweat and kicking off the blanket despite the fact the temperature was maybe 40 degrees right now with the small heating unit in the hall. Tyson was on high alert as he jumped down to stand guard beside the bed, keeping Spartan at a distance despite the big pup wanting to get closer. I glared over at where Simon and Tucker were sleeping peacefully in their bed, annoyed with their scent coating the inside of my nostrils.

 I couldn't seem to rid myself of the stink of all the males in this house and right now that was seriously not helping the fire burning beneath my skin. I couldn't take staying still in bed so I ordered the dogs to stay put, grabbed some clothes and headed for the bathroom, hoping some water would relax me. The floor was like ice on my feet but compared to the burn of my skin I didn't mind it much, for a moment I even considered going outside to lay in the snow but that probably wasn't the best idea. By the time I'd stripped out of the sweat soaked clothes I was shivering again and cursing my body for being so indecisive on it's issues of hot or cold. 

I cranked the shower up high and stepped under the warm water with a sigh, the water was a great way to help me relax for a little while, but it never lasted long. The burn had turned to an irritating itch that I tried to scald away with more hot water, but it wasn't leaving anytime soon. I couldn't help the soft whine leaving my lips as I started panting over the flood of hormonal desires, cursing my female anatomy silently. I was horny as all h*** and I was trapped in a house full of idiotic, too sweet smelling males, great. 

I had a brief thought to hunt down whoever was awake on watch right now and take out my frustration on them, but that only brought on a more desirable thought on what I might do with them. The growl that left me at the sudden mental imagery was a hateful and desperate pleading to do just that, but I wasn't so far gone to be desperate enough to try it. I had my own ways to help with the irritating itch of horniness flooding me and an added bonus to being in the shower meant little to no messy clean up.

Technically I feel obligated to leave a small WARNING of heated things to come this chapter, but you'll probably continue reading anyway, so....

 I didn't waste time having made my mind up, I let my hand fall to the pulsing heat between my legs, and shuddered at the contact. I couldn't help but sigh in pleasure over the action and the whole knowing once I'd gotten over the little high after I'd have a short reprieve of the heat crazy hormones. Stroke. This would work to help calm me down. Stroke. I could go back to bed for a few more hours when this was over. Stroke. Who needed males anyway. Stroke. I was a strong independent alpha female. Hiss. Curse my stupid mental imagery. Stroke. They did look delociously good when shirtless. Stroke. Maybe I could get a little more insight on how well endowed all of them were? Shudder. Geez I could still smell them too. SLAM! Oh no, I'd forgotten to lock the door and someone had just slammed it shut. "Well s***." I hissed between my teeth as I pulled my hand away despite my bodies protests, I could smell I wasn't alone.

And technically safe although I doubt you skipped in the first place.

I growled as I shut off the water and pulled back the shower curtain, I didn't care if they saw me naked they were the one intruding. He could have done the decent thing and walked right back out when he opened the door and smelled me but no, he had to step inside and go shutting himself in here, with me, alone. "Holy cr*p on a cracker." His eyes were dark as he eyed me dangerously, and I could clearly smell and see the effect I had on him, which was not helping my resolve to be good. "Carrots I was in the middle of something, what on God's green earth do you want!?" My words were barked out in outrage at his interruption while my wolf was intrigued over the idea of asking him to join in.