Chapter 18

Haeun was shoved into the room by one of the buff thugs

Haeun was shoved into the room by one of the buff thugs. The rope encircling her wrists was tied tightly enough to dig into her skin, burning it. She was well aware of her abilities- if she wished to, she could probably take the guy down just using her legs, same going for all the other men following them. But she withheld her rage and gritted her teeth, since her brother's life was on the line.

The girl had been tracking the movements, subtly observing her surroundings. The room she'd just entered was like the previous ones- abandoned and run down. The only difference was the chair in the center with a figure strapped onto it tightly.

'Must be him.'

He was severely hurt, his sleeveless top revealing that his arms were covered by bruises and cuts. The rest of his clothed body was probably in the same condition. The product of relentless torture.

His head hung low at the front, hair covering his face. Most likely passed out, or worse, dead. Due to constantly being on the move, Haeun was unable to see whether he was breathing.

A sob erupted somewhere from beside the girl, but she didn't bother looking over, since she knew it was her mother. Ever since the divorce, the woman hadn't seen any of her other children. Finding one of them in this condition must've been shocking, terrifying. And despite empathizing with that thought, Haeun knew that showing weakness in front of enemies was not the greatest move.

She couldn't shake off how strange this whole situation felt. Why was her brother in Seoul, not Busan? How could he have been caught? He was an excellent fighter, and always surrounded himself with bodyguards. This point was emphasized by the fact that this was an unknown gang's work. Their leader must be a genius, or...

Haeun's blood ran cold as the realization settled in.

"That's not Taeyong, they're bullshitting us." She breathed out through gritted teeth.

Her mother, who had begun walking towards the tied figure, paused.

Behind them, the sound of clapping echoed in the large room.

"You're very smart indeed." The tuxedo guy cooed, walking up beside them. On his face a wicked smile, he continued speaking. "But what a pity. You realized too late."

Haeun stared back at him, the fury evident in her eyes. Yet his gaze didn't waver as he waved at his subordinates. "Tie them up."

Within minutes, Haeun was tightly strapped onto a wooden chair. The unconscious guy, along with his chair, was being dragged out to a different room. From the corner of her eye, Haeun observed as her mother shook with restraint, trying her best to stop panicking.

A third chair was dragged out in front of them, and the tuxedo guy comfortably took a seat. He crossed his legs and leaned on his wrist, staring at the two women in front of him with that same crazed grin.

"No one will get hurt as long as you answer everything honestly. If you even hesitate... you know. When we get all the answers we need, we'll call Mr Lee and see if he can save you." He smiled, and then leaned forward. "Where's SM's main base?"