Learning To Love Him 35

*****

*Jayden*

I let out a shaky breath as I lifted my trembling hands to my face slowly. It was dark. I could barely remember what happened. All I knew was that my body ached badly and I couldn't feel most of anything.

As my fingers touched my cheek they were met with a thick, wet stickiness. I withdrew my hand and grimaced at the dark red liquid that covered my fingers. My eyes dropped to my shirt. The blue fabric was covered in blood too. But I wasn't that bleeding, I was not cut... Was I? Was I too hurt to feel it?

I tried to stand up but froze as my eyes fell onto a silhouette not far from me.

Oh no... No.

-----

*Corey*

"It's almost ten, you said he'd cool off and come back, Kaden!" I said running my hands through my hair. I had done it so much in the past 6 hours that my mess of usually curly hair was now almost straight and it looked like it was gelled back, I was probably going to begin losing hair soon. Had probably pulled out a lot of it already.

"I know! It usually doesn't take him this long." Kaden sighed.

"Let's just go find him then," Sean said.

"How?" Kyle and Finn were sleeping over because Kyle was very attached to Hayley and she didn't want to leave so early so she was forcing us to stay a few extra days, 'we have the entire summer,' she had said while on the verge of tears which instantly made us all cave and agree to stay.

"Pull," I muttered glaring at my phone, which was on the table across the room. I had tried to call him several times but he hadn't picked up. Everyone had tried to call him.

"Pull? Pull what?" Finn asked.

"It's nothi -" Izabella began but she was cut off by my phone and I practically dove at it.

Relief washed over me as his name flashed across the screen before I answered it.

"Where the hell are you?!" I yelled, "Do you know how fucking worried everyone is? How could you do this? Are you that –" I stopped when I allowed myself to hear him. His breathing was rapid and completely uneasy.

"C-Corey, I-I-I –" he stuttered.

"Jay, what's going on? Calm down." My voice softened.

"I-I tried to-to call K-Kade – His phone must be off –" Jayden stuttered before I heard what sounded like a choked sob, "I-I-I didn't mean – I didn't think – he... I – a-and –" A strained, panicked sob filled my ears, "H-help. I-I don't know what to do –" His voice was barely audible.

"Jayd –" I tried to speak.

"T-There's blood e-everywhere – h-he won't m-move – I didn't mean to – Corey – I didn't –" Another sob that made my own chest begin to feel clogged up.

"Hey, hey, calm down. Breathe," I said calmly.

"Where are you, Jay?" Kaden called.

"I-I don't know –" Jayden stuttered. "I don't know." He whispered helplessly.

"We're coming, just calm down and stay put, alright?" I said. He didn't answer. "Jayden?" I called. Still nothing.

I shook my head trying to clear it and focus on the pull so it would get stronger and I would find him easier while I walked out of the house ignoring Finn's calling out to me. I did not hang up the phone and kept it to my ear as I began to run hearing footsteps behind me. It didn't take long to get to the ally with my speed and when I finally stumbled to a stop at the entrance of an alleyway, I realised the people that had followed me were Sean, Kaden and Trent. I stepped into the darkness cautiously while letting my eyes adjust.