Chapter 138 - Be Good & Listen

It was cold, so cold. Having been finally discharged from the darkroom, Mimi stood in the hall, her stare blank for a moment until she heeded a familiar voice.

"Mimi!"

Mimi's mind was muddled and heavy as she struggled to clear her vision. Everything was so bright. She had been in the dark for so long she couldn't help but squint.

At that moment, her once blurry vision cleared, and she saw a glowing, warm figure run toward her. Those dull purple eyes of hers lit and slowly she walked toward the figure in faltering movements.

Fresh, hot tears streamed down her face as she murmured hoarsely in her childlike voice, "Big sister..."

Her body swayed and eventually, she collapsed to the floor.

"Mimi!"

Emily ran and reached to catch her falling sister with trembling hands - the palm holding her suddenly felt scorching. The petite girl's body was burning, yet her body shivered uncontrollably as if there was a chilly breeze.

Mimi's eyes shut, looking pained, she shrunk back and her soft, doll-like body curled up into her sister's warm embrace.

Emily's hold on her tightened, and the depths of her eyes turned murky. Lifting her head to stare at the tall figure looking down at the both of them coolly, her eyes grew dark and hateful.

Emily's voice came out sharp and chilly as she yelled, "What did you do to her?!"

The man looked down at them, his expressions icy and distant as if he were staring down at a group of ants. Those dispassionate eyes of his shot a glance at the child in Emily's arms and his gaze filled with contempt.

The man sneered, "Pathetic and useless."

Hearing those words, the girl in Emily's arms trembled more. While in the mists of unconsciousness, she felt a sudden chill and her eyes opened weakly. Mimi could vaguely distinguish a figure behind her sister, watching her.

His dark eyes were locked on her small figure and his usually gentle expression looked bored, the emotion in his eyes unsympathetic.

Mimi's line of sight gradually blurred and she lost consciousness...

...

Mimi's eyes opened, and she found herself in the familiar surroundings of her apartment bedroom. She stayed in bed, staring at the ceiling silently for a few moments before kicking her blankets and jumping out of bed.

That damn Shen Jue! Thanks to him, he brought back such an unpleasant memory! She wouldn't allow that bastard to ruin her day!

Rushing into the bathroom to prepare herself for work, she comes out wearing a black leather top and a red plaid skirt with chains. Mimi left her room only to stop in place.

Her eyes set on the unfamiliar display of plates and cups on her living room table. At that moment, a shuffling sound could be heard from her side as she finally sensed the unique yet aromatic smell within her apartment.

Shifting her gaze to the side, Mimi's eyes widened at the scene before her. In her kitchen, with a frilly apron wrapped around his tall, muscled body, was Tobias Itou.

He was currently in the process of stirring a steaming pot and delivering its contents to his thin, perfect lips and sampling it. Midway through his motion, he sensed the girl's intense stare on him and looked up, his tongue licking his lips.

Mimi was stunned.

What the hell! This... Wasn't this too sensual to see so early in the morning?! For god's sake, have mercy on her young perverted soul!