4.9

*unedited*

"Why...are you looking at me like that?" Sun Hui turned up his nose in disgust.

Dee had a big grin on her face that was less than pleasant, and she had been staring at Sun Hui like this with wide eyes as if expecting something ever since they sat down to eat at the on campus cafe. It was reallyh starting to freak Sun Hui out.

"Do you seriously not know? How can you forget!" Dee slammed her hands on the surface of the table. Her outburst caused people who were minding their own business before to glance over and start whispering. This made Sun Hui blush and look around apologetically to the disturbed people. When he was satisfied everybody was minding their own business once again and no longer focused on them, he glared at Dee.

"Keep your voice down, will you?" he hissed.

Dee immediately flung her hands to her side and sat down, smiling sheepishly back at him. Sun Hui sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Now, what are you talking about?"

"The dance!" she rose her voice again, which caused Sun Hui to glare and shush her again. Dee rolled her eyes this time instead of looking embarrassed. "Don't you dare shush me. You're the idiot this time around."

"So? What about it?" Sun Hui shrugged.

"Wh—what about it?" Dee stood up, not able to contain herself much to Sun Hui's dismay as people stared at them again as the center of attention. "He asks 'What about it?'!"

"It's tomorrow!" Dee shouted, leaning forward to flick his forehead. "Tomorrow!"

The color drained from Sun Hui's face. Tomorrow? Tomorrow? He lost track of the time! He thought he still had a few days left at maximum. Tomorrow, his plan will be put into action. Tomorrow, he will finally ensnare Wangzi Miren the correct way. Tomorrow, his so called "step-sisters" won't stand a chance. Tomorrow would be his victory.

And yet, he didn't have anything to wear! What a disaster. Sun Hui felt like banging his head. The whole point of seducing was wearing the sexiest outfit ever! Sun Hui never saw himself as a fashionista, but now he wished he paid a bit more attention to trends and fashion in his other lives and when he was back in his world. He always left that to his brother, and Jin Min had replaced that role along with the occasional interference of his husband choosing outfits for him in every life.

Wait, his brother? The nagging feeling from earlier was back. What about his brother?

"You're one sorry case, Guniang. You're so lucky I'm here," Dee sighed. Immediately, his thought disappeared again as he focused on Dee.

"Just shut up and buy me some snazzy outfit?" Sun Hui said, but the end of his sentence trailed into a question mark, dragging and hanging off there in waiting of a reply.

"Snazzy? Ew, no," Dee shook her head. "You'll do everyone a favor by not saying that. You really do suck at fashion if you're going to a refer to an outfit like that."

"Just give buy me one," Sun Hui rolled his eyes.

"Just wait and watch your fairy godmother do some bibbity bobbity boo magic," she wriggled her eyebrows.

"Wow, you've been thinking of that one all day haven't you? Was that why you made that ugly face—ow!" Sun Hui rubbed his head after being hit upside it.

"One, don't call me ugly. Two, you bet your ass I've been waiting to say it," Dee said, biting the tip off a fry.

*****

"Done!"

After what felt like hours, Dee entered the car with only one single bag.

"I waited three hours only for you to get one bag with barely anything in it?" Sun Hui gawked.