22 ★ I've been cold

𝕎𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘 𝕊𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕤 - 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕕 𝔼𝕪𝕖 𝔹𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕕

"If I've been cold,

if I've spoken in anger,

to have been bold,

forgive me"

Cedric POV

I run my fingers through my hair, tugging at the ends and wanting more than anything to punch a hole through the wall.

How have I kept my cool this whole time?

Her explanation made sense, of course it did, otherwise I could've gotten angry at her. I'm not sure if I could ever get mad at Hendrix, but I was terrified.

I was so desperate to keep her from repeating what she did that I took out my frustration on her.

The pain in my chest was unbearable when I tore apart the town looking for her. I even searched the woods for her dead body.

I'm still shaken up. The terror of the situation haunts me, fear coursing through my veins like acid. In all my years I have never been as terrified as that day when Hendrix didn't show up to class or our tutoring session. I called and texted, nothing.

I had no idea what fear was until that moment. And now she's run away from me in tears, the second time it's happened, but this time it's my fault.

My heart races as I whip the door open, storming down the hall after my mate. The tears in her eyes, her pain forcing itself on me. I hurt her. Not physically, but hurt feelings is almost as bad. I knew she was sensitive. That day with the cashier was enough to show me that.

She's delicate, her feelings easily hurt. I didn't take it into account. She just needs time to calm down.

I didn't know what to do, or what to say. All of the emotions were bubbling up inside me. I couldn't get across how I felt. I'm not mad at her, but it's too late to tell her that. All I wanted to do was tell her how I feel, how much it hurt when I thought she was in trouble.

And why did Savannah have to be there at that exact moment? Hendrix is already suspicious as it is.

Of course, she's gone. I don't know exactly what I expected. Time works differently when Hendrix is involved. I clench my jaw as my eyes sort through the falling snow flakes. The cold chill reminds me that she's out there somewhere freezing her cute little ass off.

Everything in me screams to follow her, tear up the road until I'm banging down her door to get to her. Touch her, comfort her, apologize and beg for her forgiveness until my voice is hoarse.

I think better of it. Somehow, I talk myself out of it. I get calm enough to force myself to take a walk in the brisk night air.

This will all settle. After we clear our minds and get over it, we can talk it out. I will have my chance to set it right. For now, it's better to wait a little while at least. I don't know how long I'll last though. I doubt it'll be more than a day.