𝕟𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖

*based off a previous preference*

This was bad.

Real fucking bad, not ten minutes ago you were casually reading in the library of the umbrella academy when the commission's gunmen and the handler stormed the house looking for yourself and your boyfriend number five. Now, you had no idea where five was and we're currently sneaking out of the house through a back way. You could hear the cries of the dying men as Diego and Luther fought them off and just as you were about to get out onto the fire escape...

"Going somewhere?" You spun around and was faced with the handler standing a few metres away pointing her favourite revolver at you. Even though you'd actually never officially met her she wasn't that hard to recognise. In an instant she fired and pain spiked up through your leg and you crumpled against the windowsill, the handler smirk and slowly saunters towards you with the rollover still raised.

Before she could get to you, you're lifted up and whisked through a blue blur and arrive at the alleyway across from the academy. Five softly placed you on the ground being extra careful of your leg and began to examine it.

"Are you ok?" He tried to hide the concern in his voice and on his face but to no avail you notice and gently tilt his head up so you can see he's eyes. He's scared, he won't admit it but you can see he is so you cup his cheek and smile through the pain.

"Course I'm ok, I'm alive aren't I?"

"You're hurt, I could've stopped it, I could've gotten there sooner, I-" you quickly place your finger on his lips to shut him up.

"I said I'm fine, I'm not gonna die." You reassure him the best you could, he caught you be surprise and pulled you into a tight hug around the waist and his head on your shoulder. Although you've been together for some time, he very rarely showed any sort of affection besides holding your hand sometimes. You gladly accept and wrap your arms around his shoulders and place your head onto his. He reluctantly pulls away and begins assessing your wound again making you flinch.

"We gotta fix you up, they most likely have left the academy now so we'll go back there." Next thing you know you're in fives room and he's screaming at Diego down the stairs to get Grace.

~time skip brought to you by Klaus in Grace's heels~

After Grace fixed you up and you took a rest, you expected for five to be there when you woke up but began to panic when he wasn't. You cautiously walked down the stairs in your crutches to find Klaus lighting a joint on the shredded couch.

"Where's five?" He didn't seem to notice you and dropped his lighter.

"ChRisT oN A cRACkER y/N I could've lit the place up!" He cried but you paid no attention.

"Where's. Five."

"Well, I dunno the little bastard left before I could ask questions." Groaning inwardly, you turn to take the hike up the mountain on stars again but are surprised by five appearing suddenly looking quite disheveled.

"Y/n!? What the hell are you doing up, you need rest!" He quickly protested, before you could answer he took you to his room and placed you into his bed.

"I was just looking for you, now where were you?" He pretended not to hear you and went over to his desk.

"Damnit five, answer me." He turned guiltily towards you and leaned back on the desk.

"The uhh... commission..." mumbling barely audible and avoiding your gaze.

"wHAT? And what exactly did you do at the commission?" Your voice was laced with annoyance and threat.

"Oh don't worry, I only blew up all their briefcases again and killed some of their men but that's it." He replied airily and waved his hand dismissively as he moved back towards the bed and sat at the foot. His nonchalant faced crumbled and his face turned hard.

"They hurt you, so I hurt them back." He continued plainly, still refusing to look at your face. You softly take his hand.

"You didn't have to.." you whisper.

"It's over now, are you mad?"

"No, just don't do anything stupid on my behalf again."

"Alright, promise." He lifted his hand with his pinky out and finally looked at you making you smile and interlock your pinky with his.

"Cool, now go get me food."

———————
Hi :))
Woo! A post I actually like, didn't think that was possible.

Anyway, sorry this is kinda late, but shits been kinda crazy and I've finished exams now so it's all good.

Also this is almost 800 words, I'm actually super proud of that lol...

-g.