Chapter XV.

People filled the venue, it was a really big venue in New York, New York

People filled the venue, it was a really big venue in New York, New York. It had a large dining area, ballroom area that looked like you would see in princess movies. It was decorated very fancily and it still fell into the fall theme with golden leaves against the marble floor and the smell of fresh cooked Turkey and pumpkin. Salma's little sisters and big sister were eating at their designated table near the stage. They sat with Edith while they talked, the girls enjoyed the older woman's presence because she was so sweet and so funny, of course, they didn't believe that she was his Mom.

Salma was going around and she was shaking everyone's hands because they were people Augustus worked with from other buildings and some from the building he worked with. "Hi." Salma smiles as she introduces herself to random groups of people, she was an outgoing girl and she liked to meet new people anyway. Salma comes to where Augustus was talking to some of his business friends, he smiles and he holds his hand out. "Hey, how's meeting everyone going?" Augustus questioned her and Salma's shoulders lifted as she smiles brightly. "A lot of them are very rude but I met some really nice ones." Salma tells him truthfully and Augustus's eyes furrowed, he starts looking around. "Who? Is it Mr. and Mrs. Hartman? I know they're pretty bitchy people." Augustus questioned and Salma rubs his arm as she shakes her head. "No, no, it's okay. You don't have to kick no one out." Salma assured him and Augustus sighed as he stares at her, she looked so gorgeous tonight that it was unfair that everyone else had to see because he wanted to admire her all by himself.

Salma wore Oscar De La Renta who a Dominican designer that Edith was very close with and wore many dresses by him, Salma, of course, wasn't so keen to wearing something name brand because she didn't care about them but it was such a pretty dress. Black tulle gown that had golden flowers all over it, show quite the amount of skin and she wore shimmery golden heels and her hair was in a low bun because she didn't feel like going all out with her hair but them edges said otherwise because they were laid to the gods.

Augustus nervously grabs her hand and Salma smiles because he has been acting so weird for the past couple of days and she didn't know what was going on with him, It was like he was closing on her again and it took a while for them to get where they were but of course she doesn't know what he's been planning. "You look so gorgeous." He tells and it was the hundredth time and Salma smiled like an idiot every single time. "I know, you told me for the billionth time." Salma mumbled and that's when he felt a tap on his shoulder. "Mr. Wolfgang." An older man says formally and Augustus sighed because he still hasn't had much time with Salma since they got there. Salma motions for him to talk to the man, Augustus kisses her cheek and Salma walks off towards her sisters who were dancing with each other.

Jesse and Valerie were dancing together, Salma comes to them and she thought that they looked so gorgeous. Jesse wore a nice suit and her hair was gelled down, Valerie wore a long white dress and her hair was in pin curls. "Can I join this dance?" Salma questioned and the girls smiled as they grabbed Salma's hand forming a circle. "How are you enjoying the party?" Salma questioned them and Jesse looks around, she leans closer to Salma. "I never thought I would be in a place with so many white people." She whispered making Salma chuckle and Valerie rolled her eyes. "Besides that, it has been a blast and the food also the music is amazing." Valerie says and Salma was so glad they were enjoying themselves. "Where's Aurelia and Yasmine?" Salma questioned and Jesse nodded her head forward, motioning the girls at the food table, chowing down on the beef wellington.