v. scar the innocent

┏━━━━━⋆☆⋆━━━━━┓CHAPTER FIVE

┏━━━━━⋆☆⋆━━━━━┓
CHAPTER FIVE.
SCAR THE INNOCENT
┗━━━━━⋆☆⋆━━━━━┛

"A PALE CLOUDED YELLOW BUTTERFLY INDIGENOUS TO GREAT BRITAIN," Reid muttered to himself as Hotch walked into the fairly quiet room.

"How's it going?" Hotch questioned, placing his hands upon his hips, his eyes trailing towards Evangeline. She was currently passed out on the black leather couch, her face snuggled up into her cardigan. She was so tired, she could barely keep her eyes open, so she decided to take a quick cat nap. Well, at least that's what she'd originally intended...

"The answer to what book we need has to be in here," Reid said.

"Yeah, but we sure as hell can't see it," Morgan added, sighing deeply.

"Yet," Reid corrected. Hotch made his way over towards Evangeline, placing a light hand on her shoulder.

"Vrubel," he spoke, causing her to stir awake. "I'm sending you home." Her eyes slowly fluttered open to meet his brown ones. She uncontrollably smiled at the sight of his face.

"Hi," She mumbled, readjusting her head on her cardigan.

"Hi," Hotch replied, watching as she tiredly shut her eyes again. Thinking that she must've not heard him the first time, he repeated himself, "I'm sending you home." She reopened her eyes whilst furrowing her brows together. A soft groan escaped her lips as she slowly sat up.

"No, I'm okay. I can stay," She said, letting out a small yawn. Her hair was a bit messy in the back, being the reason Hotch smiled lightly.

"You should get some rest. We won't do anything without you, I promise," He reassured her.

"Angel, seriously, we're not any closer than we were. Get out of here," Morgan said, "go home."

"But—"

"I wasn't asking," Hotch told her, a bit sternly, "Let's go." Evangeline sighed softly as she gathered her stuff and stood from the couch. She trudged behind Hotch, following him down the steps and through the FBI headquarters. "Anderson," He called, causing Anderson to look up from his work, "Take Vrubel home."