Chapter Thirteen - Past the results

The next day melody woke up on top of max. they were in max room. Melody looked around. "what happened?..." melody asked quietly. Max woke up. "oh hey melody..." max said. Melody hugged him. "did you slept well?" max asked trying not to wonder what happened. "yes.. I guess..." melody said. "I wonder what happened." Melody continued as she sits up. "I don't know. I guess it was fun. All I know we danced at the plaza." Max said looking at her. "dance... wait! Splatfest of course! What time is it..." melody asked as she looks around. "its 3 pm..." max said. "we missed the last part of splatfest!..." melody said being disappointed. "oh shit... well I hope our team did great." max said to comfort her. Melody smiled a little.

Suddenly the phone of melody goes off. Melody quickly get it. "hello with melody." Melody said. "melody with me! Please get her those guys are doing something against me! Help!" marina voice sounded panicking. "im on my way! Hold on for a long while!" melody said as she get up and dresses herself quick. She put her phone in her pocket. She gets her brush as she left the apartment. She ran to the place where marina is. "leave me alone! Aaaah" marina yelled. Melody jumped up and slammed her brush on the guys. The guys quickly moved away from her. At that point a feeling of mind control took over her body. Her eyes slowly turned red. Marina looked at her. "melody..." marina said not knowing whats going on. Melody wasn't herself anymore as she started attacking the guys. "ah! Stop!" the guys screamed out in fear. The only sound melody made were octoling sounds. In the meanwhile max ran to the place. "shit! This is my fault." he said to himself. Marina looked at melody. She had a feeling something isn't right. "octolings..." the guys said. The group pissed in their pants of fear. Melody laughed evilly at them. Max came there and shot melody when her guard was down. Melody collapse on the ground as her colour went back to normal. "just on time..." max said whilst running to melody. He looks at the group of guys. He made up a lie. "see what you guys do! if I wasn't here you guys would be dead!" max lied to him. "okay..." the group said as they ran away.

"what is going on?..." marina said as she walked up to them. "it's the weapon.. she picked to wrong brush... she picked my beta brush..." max said being disappointed. marina looked at the brush. "I see... let me do this..." marina said as she fixed the weapon. She got rid off the mind control part. "like this!" marina said with a smile. "how did you get that?" max asked curiously. "like this." Marina said as she show it to him. Max felt really dumb.

Max and marina moved melody to the studio. "I hope she is okay..." marina said. "she will be, but..." max said looking at her with scared face. "but what?..." marina asked being worried. "she will be scared and traumatized..." max said. "I see..." marina said. At that moment melody woke up. she started to cry out loud. Max hugs her. "its gonna be okay... you're fine..." max said trying to calm her. Melody looks around. "I was beaten up by octolings..." melody said scared. "you weren't... it was just a dream..." max said and gave her a kiss. "you were protecting me." Marina said with a smile. "hm... oh... now I see..." melody said and hold max thight. Marina looks at the two.

The dream melody got was something of her past she never got to experience. It was from the time she got mind controlled. The dream was about the time they failed. Melody jumped into the stage too late because the inkling doesn't go to her spawn point. She didn't had the choice for her spawn place. Well she jumped in trying her best to attack the inkling, but the inkling got the last zapfish already. When she got back. "HEY, WEAKLING!" her boss said. Melody looks at them. "WHY DIDN'T YOU BEAT THAT SQUID! YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NOW! HAHA!" her boss yelled with a evil laugh. The others laughed too. Melody knew what happened. Her punishment... every time its something different, but this time its worse... the group of octoling kicked her. One of them burned a spot on her back. It hurt her so badly. She tried to not show any emotion so they stop, but it was difficult this time. The burn hurt so badly. The octolings stopped and pushes her in her room.

There she waited a little and cooled down the burn so she can still play. Even tho melody was under control. She could feel pain and care for herself. She had a lot of injuries of these "punishments", but she worked further. Never got a compliment when she won. Melody decided to have a cold shower. At that point the dream stops and she got back to reality.

"I don't want this anymore..." melody said to max. "I know melody..." max just answered. "it sounds horrible that they did that I never had such things." Marina said as she knows what melody was talking about. "you were gone before they did it..." melody said. "I had no control on what I do." she continued. Marina looks sad as a voice yelled her name. "oh I got to go!" marina said as she ran to the studio. "bye marina..." melody said. "melody lets focus on the future! You are in a world where there is no danger and you can live as yourself." Max said with a smile. "yea... you're right..." melody said.

The screen goes on. It was pearl and marina on the screen. Presentation their show. Max and melody looked at the screen. "Marina! Before we announce the stages, why don't you share the breaking news?" pearl said with a grin to marina. "Breaking news? What did you break this time?" marina said a little shocked. "I didn't break anything! I was talking about the Splatfest results!" pearl said being a little annoyed. "OOH! The Splatfest results are in!" marina said with a big smile. "Aight, first let's see which team was the most popular." Pearl said with a grin. Hoping she won. "Let's find out!" marina said being excited. On the screen appears that trick won the popularity by 56,85% against 43,15%. "How about them apples, Marina?" pearl said being happy. Marina didn't react at it. "All right, all right, all right... Now for the part that matters." Pearl said with a smirk she knew she is gonna win this splatfest. "Yeah, popularity isn't everything." Marina said with a smile. She had a little hope to win. "Time to see which team got the most clout in normal and pro matches." Pearl said with a smirk. "Please please pleeeeeease!" marina said begging her. "Bada bada bada bada..." pearl mumbled. "Buda buda buda buda..." marina mumbled further. On the screen appeared the battle result. For the normal battles it was 49,89% against 50,11% and for pro battles 47,55% against 52,45%. Marina team won this part! "Are you kidding me?!" pearl was surprised. "Wow!" marina just said. "Ok, y'all. It's time..." pearl said as she knew she lost this splatfest. "The final results!" marina said not knowing if she won. "The winner of this Splatfest is..." pearl said. Marina gulps a little. "BLAM" pearl yelled. "BUH-BAM!" marina yelled too. On the screen appears that marina's team won 2 out of the 3!

"SWEET VICTORY!" marina said with a smile. "WHAT?!" pearl said shocked. "That's how you do it, Team Treat!" marina said as she winks to the camera. Melody and max smiled at that wink. "You bribed Li'l Judd with candy, didn't you?!" pearl said with an angry toon. "Nope. Team Treat doesn't need cheap tricks to win. But don't worry, Pearl. I've got just the thing for that sour attitude of yours. I had Sheldon modify my Tenta Missile launcher to fire giant candy corn! I'm going to be locking on to you nonstop until Halloween!" marina said with a smile. "Ugh..." pearl sight not wanting to react on marina. "If you participated in the Splatfest, your prize is waiting in the Square!" marina said with a smile.

"we won!" melody with a smile. "yup!" max said as he hugs melody tight. "we need to celebrate this tonight!" max said with a smile. "a party? Can I join that party?" marina asked as she walked to them. "of course! Its gonna be big!" max said with a smile. Melody laughed. "I will see you to night then! I have to continue working right now." Marina said with a smile as she walked away. "see ya there then! Well melo I gotta help Sheldon! Prepare the party okay! See ya tonight!" max said as he left. Melody just sits there. She didn't know how to make a party... oh well she can try.