08 ➳ Few Screws Lose

R U N N I N G
F O R  M I L E S

You could say I live a double life. 

By that statement I'm meaning, I'm one who somewhat "lives for the weekends." I, like most teenagers my age dread going to school each week as Monday feels like a door being shut, denying access to the mere forty-eight hours of freedom to do whatever we want. 

One life I'm living is the one where I have to get up out of my bed and try to be an adult and get and education so I can make a steady living for myself in the future or when I leave school. The other life I live is the fun yet relaxing one where I don't have to majorly worry about school related stuff and focus more on having fun and going out.

I couldn't help but think about the weekend and how fast Lakyn and I had gotten out of that damn lake when we saw a police car, my fathers to be precise. I remember Lakyn yelling at me to hurry up and that we need to jump into the bushes so that my father wouldn't be able to spot us as we were in plain sight.

I recall Lakyn being Lakyn who just couldn't help himself by making a stupid sex joke as we were huddled in the bushes watching and waiting as my father got out of his car and made his way inside my house. After a few minutes of waiting Lakyn said that we should be fine to come out and part ways back to our separate houses.

I couldn't forget asking him for a good excuse to use if my father asked why I was all wet, Lakyn said I should just say it was sweat and I was out on a run but there is no way that would work as I was absolutely drenched from head to toe so he then said just say you were at a friend's place and you went swimming.

Thinking it was an okay excuse we parted ways, I remembered trying to sneak in through the front door and try my hardest to run up the stairs and into my room which thankfully worked. I managed to also go for a hot shower and get the icky lake water off of me.

One of my thoughts in the shower consisted of me thinking of how happy those few hours made me. I know Lakyn's annoying and really mean or whatever but I hadn't done something like that in ages, that something being an adrenaline rush. What i'm trying to say is that i'm happy Lakyn made me swim in that Lake, well throw me in.

Boston would have fainted if he founded out, I did something like that on my weekend, normally him and I would be cooped up all weekend watching some boring show on Netflix or if I was lucky attending some equally boring business meeting his father wanted him present for.

Now that I'm thinking about it, Boston was a very plain and boring person if you think about it. He never really wanted to do anything, which I mean is fine because I hate leaving the house well my room but I also love a spontaneous adventure once in a while.

I could just imagine me asking Boston if he wanted to go swimming in a lake that you're not supposed to swim in, I could pretty much see him fainting down on to the ground in a big heap of muscle. If I'm being honest he would probably drop dead if he found out how happy and freeing, I had felt in that moment with Lakyn.

I was willing to go out and do more things that were more than likely to give me some type of rush, some type of excitement that would course through my veins.

The only problem I had was I had no one to go on one with. I mean Lakyn would probably rather gauge out his gorgeous ice like eyes than come on a thrilling adventure with me that probably goes for Lila as well.

That pretty much only leaves Hale. Even though he tries to be my friend I'm sure he wouldn't want to hang out with me outside of school let alone do something to make adrenaline rush through us. He'd probably only talk about my brother the whole time and how much he idolizes him. Which would definitely make me want to jump out of his moving car.