Chapter Twenty Five

^video still has nothing to do with chapter ❤️
-
-
-

I sat in the room for a few minutes, trying to figure out what to do. I knew where Kody was going. But, I didn't know where he was going.

I knew he was going to confront Beast, I didn't have the slightest clue as to where Beast would be.

When the room door opened once again, the answer to my problems walked in.

"Hey, Midget. I guess I'm babysitting again."

I stood, urgently walking over to King. "Where did Kody go? We have to follow him."

King raised a brow. "I don't think so. I'm under strict orders to stay here and make sure you don't go anywhere until Cap comes back."

I rolled my eyes, pulling on the jacket one of the police officers had given me. "Now is not the time. Let's go."

He stared at me, his face contorted in thought. "No." He finally said.

I crossed my arms. "Seriously?"

He shrugged. "Yeah, you're always getting me in trouble. Cap is not in a good mood, so now is not the time to test him."

I ran my hands through my hair. "That's the point, King. Do you know where he's going right now?"

He shrugged.

"He's gonna find Beast and most likely fight and get arrested. So I need you to stop him."

He narrowed his eyes. "He's gonna fight Beast? Why would-"

"Long story." I cut him off not wanting to get into it. "King, please."

He studied me. "I know Beast wasn't the guy that attacked you. So why does Kody want to fight him?"

I sighed. I was pretty sure King was going to side with Kody. They all did anyways. Even Beast in a totally twisted way. So instead of telling him the whole thing, I jumped to the end.

"Look, he deserves it. Doesn't mean Kody deserves to go to jail."

He narrowed his eyes before shrugging. "If he deserves it then he deserves it. Cap can take care of himself. I'll take you home if you want."

I tilted my head to the side, crossing my arms. "Aren't you supposed to have his back or something?"

He grabbed my hand, leading me out of the room and down the hallway. "This is me having his back. I'm taking you home, making sure you don't do something stupid."

"And if he gets arrested trying to avenge me?"

He tossed me an unamused look. "Then I'll still have his back. Let's go."

He drove me to Zeta Phi, since I didn't have a bed in my apartment.

I thanked him before begging him to call me if he heard any news about Kody.

Then I tip toed to my room and had the most uncomfortable sleep in my life.

I woke up sore and groggy, to someone pounding on my door.

"Come in." I yelled, pulling the covers closer around my naked body.

Stella walked in, a disgusted expression on her face.

"Kody Vincent is here to see you."

I shot up quickly, the sleep clearing out of my system. "Where is he?"

My obvious excitement didn't escape Stella and she sneered. "Downstairs in the Kitchen. I told him I'd fetch you."

I nodded. "Yeah, thanks. Just let me brush my teeth. I'll be down."

She narrowed her eyes. "So, you and Kody are a thing?"

I sighed. "Not really."

It was the truth.

She shrugged. "Okay, I'll let him know."

And then she practically danced out of my room.

I quickly slipped on a hoodie and sleep shorts before brushing my teeth and washing my face.

When I walked into the kitchen, I noticed Kody having a conversation with Uriah.

I stared at him trying to see any indication that he'd been in a fight. His face was clear of bruises, even though his eyes were red and it looked like he hadn't gotten any sleep. My gaze trailed to his knuckles, they didn't look like they had been plowed into any jaws.

"Jesus, you both look terrible." Uriah said when she noticed me.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

She sent me a bright smile before raising from the table. "I'm gonna go." She said, when Kody could no longer see her she wiggled her eyebrows.

I hesitantly walked to the large table, taking the seat Uriah had occupied. "Kody." I said in greeting.

His eyes swept over me quickly, "can we go somewhere? I want to talk to you."

He caught me off guard so I answered without thinking. "Um, yeah sure. Just let me get dressed."

He nodded, resting his head in his hands as if he was exhausted. "Okay, I'll wait. "

I opened my mouth to say something but I couldn't think of anything. I knew he hadn't fought, and I wanted to ask what happened. But I didn't want to put him in a bad mood.

"Okay, I'll be right back. "

I flew up the stairs, hopping in the shower. I didn't put on any makeup since I wanted to come back after our talk and get a few more hours of sleep.

I had missed my shift and was probably going to get fired from the diner but that was the least of my worries.

I dressed comfortably in sweats and a matching sweater. I pulled my sneakers on before throwing my hair in a low bun.

I met him in the kitchen twenty minutes later. He was on the phone with someone so I stopped to listen.

"Well let me know if he comes back." There was a pause. "I'm dead serious, Ghost."

He turned his head, his eyes locking with mine. "Let me know." And he slid his phone back into his pocket before rising from the table. "You ready?"

He didn't look tired now. Now he looked just as aggressive as he had last night and I wondered what happened in twenty minutes to change his mood.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

He led me to his car, opening the door for me before sliding behind the driver seat.

When his hand tightened on the steering wheel before starting the car up, I cleared my throat.

"Can I drive?"

I said it to clear the air. Because for some reason he was ten times as tense as he had been when I'd barely seen him in my kitchen. And that was saying something.

It did the trick of catching him by surprise and he actually chuckled. "Do you have your license?"

I rolled my eyes at the question. "Of course. Come on Kody, let me drive. "

I didn't think he would do it. His car was nice and he treated it like it was his whole world.

But to my surprise he sighed, mumbling something under his breath before opening the door.

Shoot your shot, ladies.

**************************
Next chapter is on its way. Maybe tomorrow.

This is a short one but it's technically a double update since the prologue to (Fr)Enemies is up.

I'm trying to finish this one so I'll challenge myself to update once a day until I start my job on the 23rd.

Wish me luck 🤞🏾