33. GOODBYE

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
[GOODBYE]

Molly jumped awake at the sound of knocking coming from the front door of the apartment

The room was completely dark, except for the dim light coming from the alarm clock beside Kai's side of the bed. Molly squinted her eyes and looked over at it to see that it was three in the morning.

Whoever was outside knocked again, this time waking Kai up. He shuffled around in bed a bit before realizing what had just happened. He turns to Molly and gives her a confused look.

"Who is that?" Kai says annoyedly, his voice coarse.

"I'll get it." Molly says, shoving her covers off of her and standing up from the bed.

Kai quickly gets out from under the covers too. "I'll do it, you don't know who's out there." He says, beating her to the door leading out of the bedroom.

Molly rolled her eyes at his protectiveness, even though it felt good to be cared about.

Kai rubs his eyes as the two make the way to the door, Molly behind him. Kai opens the door and immediately scoffed.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Kai questions.

Damon stood in the hall. "Good morning to you too."

"Good morning?!" Molly raises her eyebrows annoyedly. "It's three in the morning." Damon tried to walk through the door, but was stopped by the boundary.

Kai glanced at Molly, then back to Damon. She lifted her chin a bit before she spoke. "What do you want?" Molly questions.

Damon took a deep breath. "As much as it pains me to say this— I need your boyfriend's help." He flashed Kai a fake smile.

"Can you need my help in the morning?" Kai returns the fake smile.

"Technically, yes." Damon shrugs. "But I'm here now, so."

Kai sighs frustratedly before turning to Molly behind him. She hesitated before speaking. "Let him in." She says.

Kai turned back to Damon. "Come in." He says unhappily.

Damon takes a breath before stepping inside, walking past them. Kai and Molly exchange knowing glances as Kai shuts the door.

She follows Damon to the living room, instinctively monitoring his movements, trying to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid.

"So." Kai starts, walking into the living room and plopping down on the couch. "You've showed up at our place in the middle of the night for what reason? Because I was having a pretty good dream about Brooke Shields and—" Molly slapped Kai's shoulder and he stopped. "I'm kidding!" He laughed, glancing up at Molly who stood behind the couch he sat on.