Chapter 9

Both Catra and Adora had entered the room and quickly distanced themselves from each other, which caused a bit of suspicion, but Bow nor Glimmer said anything about it. The two couldn't even fully look each other in the eye, if one caught the other looking, they would both quickly turn away and quickly become flustered.

"Okay! So, we have decided to send in a spy into the Frightzone. And who better to send in than Catra?" Glimmer announced, looking at the ex- horde solider with a pointed look.

"Wait what? I did not agree to that!" Bow exclaimed as he looked at the future queen of Brightmoon. 

Catra, shuddered at the mere thought of going back to the Frightzone. But she wasn't going to show any signs of weakness, especially in front of Adora and her new best friends. She was about to answer Glimmer, but said blonde jumped to her feet and beat her to it.

"We're not sending Catra in there Glimmer, I know you have your reasons to do so but I also have my reasons as  to why I'm refusing this idea of yours." The blonde teen stated in a stern tone.

The brunette groaned and stood up as well, placing her hand on the blonde girls shoulder and turning her gaze back to the smallest of the four in the room. "Alright Sparkles listen here, the only reason I'm even considering this absurd idea of yours for only two reasons. One, I already  have someone reporting back to me about the Hordes plans, but because I don't want her getting mixed up in my nonsense that I seemed to have brought on you, I'm going to go to the Frightzone. And two," Catra stopped momentarily to look at the slightly taller teen, and gave a reassuring smile, "I want to not only prove that you annoying princesses can trust me, but I want to make sure that Adora can trust me." 

There was a long pause in the air, Adora and Catra finally caught each others eyes and held their gaze. A small but visible blush forming on the sword wielding hero's cheeks, she could tell that Catra was serious about not going back to the Horde, and most importantly, she could tell Catra was willing to change for the better, and all that, just for the sake of her. 

Bow was silently screaming in the back as he watched the two interact, while Glimmer just rolled her eyes and finally broke the silence, "So your going through with the plan Catra?" 

The trio all turned to look at small, glitter throwing princess and then waited for Catra's answer. 

"Did you lose some brain cells and replace them with those little sparkles you're always throwing? Yes, I'm going through with the plan!" Catra announced with an eye roll. 

Adora quickly began to worry, while Bow nodded his head slowly, and Glimmer growled at the snarky comment, but also nodded her head. 

 "Okay then, we should probably inform the other of princesses of what's been going on these past couple of weeks, we can hold a meeting tomorrow, Catra, we can discuss this plan tomorrow. For now, lets rest up, Adora and Catra can definitely use it." Glimmer stated as she glanced at the pair. 

------------------------------------------------

"Catra, I am not letting you go there alone, let me go with you." 

"Adora, for the last time before I blow my top, NO. I can't risk you getting caught by the horde, and your little princess gang of yours isn't really the best at stealth like I am." Catra claimed, her hair and tail fur was bristled in annoyance .

The moment the two long time friends had entered the famous hero's room, they immediately broke out into an argument. Adora, of course, being the one to start it up this time around. Adora was pacing back and forth in front of the feline, while Catra simply sat on her bed and watched her. 

"Why are you so worked up about me going back there anyways? After all I put you through, and here you are, still caring about me. At least that much of you hasn't changed, but who knows how long that little trait of yours is going to be there." Catra said in a sarcastic tone, almost hoping that Adora would have nothing to say and finally drop the subject. 

What she didn't expect, was for the blue eyed teen to grab her by the wrist and pin her against the soft mattress of the bed, placing her knee between Catra's legs so that she can successfully trap her in place. A fierce blush taking its place on the magicat's freckled cheeks. 

"Listen closely Catra, even when we did become each others worst enemy, I never stopped caring about you. Hell, when I first slept here in Brightmoon, I couldn't get not a wink of shut eye because I was so used to you sleeping in the same bed as me. I went in Glimmer's room just to be able to get some proper rest. When we were fighting I was scared of hurting you, even though you've left some permanent marks on me, I don't care about them anymore. I care about you a lot Catra, you may not be able to come to terms with that fact yet, but it is true and always will be. So you wanna know why I get so worked up about you going to the Fright Zone? I get worked up like that because I'm scared to lose you... I just can't imagine a world without you in it and with me." Adora said, tears slowly started to pool in her eyes and spill onto the now crimson red face of the feline underneath her. 

Catra,who simply stared up at Adora as if there was no soul in her body, used her upper body strength and reached up to place a gentle kiss on the blonde girls tear stained cheeks. Gently kissing them away as Adora lowered herself a bit so that Catra wasn't straining herself. 

The pair eventually slept just like that, Adora on top of Catra while the magicat held her in her arms and wrapped her tail around her torso, awaiting for tomorrow. Even though it was just a little late in the afternoon.