Ch. 17

"Sssssssss"
"Plop"
"Crack"
Wait crack!

The pan fell.

The wonderous contents of my beautiful breakfast of wonderous blue pancakes fell.

I was shocked and disappointed. The worst fatality that could of occurred this morning happened, I'm devastated really. I felt as if my world crumbled and I could fall to tears right there.

I picked up the two solemn now dirty pancakes off the floor. I used my foot to open the trashcan and distastefully threw them away with a grimace shadowing my face.

I guess bacon for breakfast?

I quickly snatched up my bacon and walked out of my small and desolate apartment. I straightened a picture of my parents and I, the only picture I couldn't take down.

The sultry Bludhaven air infiltrated my nose and peeked distasteful interest to my brain. Smells like rats and sweat...

I started my lonesome walk to the pleasant coffee shop I worked for.

The sun was out as I put in my headphones, some type of new and popular music started playing that I could care less about. I walked semi-cheerily to the beat of the music, not really paying any care to the lyrics.

I got a collection of odd looks as I merrily pranced my way to the cozy inn, the events of this morning long forgotten.

This my routine once again.

Its currently six thirty. Exactly thirty minutes before I get to go to work and oogle at this lovely police officer who comes in every day at seven ten, I mean thirty minutes before I can make uhhh coffee and what not. Totally what I was planning to do.

Fifteen minutes later I arrive at work.  Ash, my coworker and new found best friend, is already there. He had to open the store early this morning at five, but he gets off at one, so some ups and downs. Let's just say I prefer my shift.

"Good morning Perce!"

"Morning Ash"

"Why no good?" He asks mockingly with a sly grin.

I narrow my eyes slowly.

"Hmph. I dropped my wonderous blue pancakes becausemystupidpanbrokeandthenthemasterpiecesfellontothefloorwiththemostsickeningsoundI'veeverheard!"

"I caught roughly half of that."

"Pancakes; floor, Percy; very sad."

I caught a laugh behind me. Turning around slowly I see the cute police officer also known as Dick Grayson or NightWing I've come to find out.

Pink dusts my cheeks lightly as I look down bashful and embarrassed. Not how I expected my daily conversation with him to go.

I looked back up at him, his smile wide and cheeky. I burst out laughing once again.

We talk daily for about thirty minutes before he has to leave for his police shift.

Unexpectedly he stays for an hour, then make it two.

We converse quickly when I get a chance to between customers. Sometimes I can talk for ten minutes, and sometimes only one.

And then it happened, what I've been waiting for. It happened on a miraculous Wednesday don't you see!

"Would you like to have dinner with me after you get off work?"

I don't respond for a few seconds, he looks at me expectantly.

Oh yeah I need to say something, what a dumb moment.

"I would love to."

His eyes lit up in happiness and somewhat surprise.

"Great." He says with a wide grin. "What time do you want me to pick you up?"

"I get off around five, six fifteen work?"

"Yeah, totally."

He walks out of the shop, eyes on me the whole time, he even bumps into a blonde haired and square jawed man that cursed loudly at Dick's inability to not watch where he's going.

'Yes! Yes! Yes!.'

I pump my fists wildly before realizing the weird looks I was getting because of being at work.

Keep calm, keep cool.

I walked to the back and found Ash looking upset.

I bounded over to him, hip butting him to make him look up at me.

"You'll never believe what just happened!!"

He looked up quizzically.

"Dick Grayson, THE DICK GRAYSON just asked me to dinner! Can you believe it! Cause' I surely can't."

"Cool, great, proud of you Percy." He said bitterly before walking, no storming out.

Did I do something wrong I wonder silently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's time.

I bounded home from my shift at exactly five.

Ash hadn't talked to me the whole day for some unknown and mysterious reason.

I raced home heart pounding and excited.

I ripped my door open and look at my clock.

5:06

I got home in six minutes, the usual walk takes me fifteen.

I get into the shower basically in and out.

I stress my barely used powers to dry myself.

That's the only thing I use them for anymore really.

I haven't used them since the fateful night when I met Grayson which he fortunately doesn't remember, weirdly, he doesn't remember anything of our past encounters.

Maybe it was those weird fish dudes I've noticed that have been stalking me randomly.

I try not to dwell on it too hard, it seems like it won't matter in the end, right?

I quickly get dressed in a lavender sundress that has one tie around the neck. I also wear a light brown cover up over my shoulders.

I put on my black combat boots and look in the mirror and use mist to cover up my scars and such, you know, the parts that could cause problems.

At a punctual time, Grayson arrives. Exactly 6:15.

"Right on time huh Grayson?"

"I take pride on it."

He says cheekily with an easy going grin. No wonder he's called the boy wonder, he sure leaves me wonderstruck.

We start walking off. The chill of the night cooling my legs.

We head off to a restaurant, walking slowly, not conversing, just leaving it in a comfortable and peaceful silence.

Authors note.
Whelp I'm back brudders.

What did you think?
What did you expect?
What do you want? (For this story)

Deuces ✌🏻