Part 2

The door banged open and harsh footsteps padded on the floor. Head bobbling up, Jisoo yawned as the curtains were drawn wide open. She felt shifting next to her and saw that Irene had covered her head with the blanket. Smirking she took a peak under the covers and saw the other woman's eyes were still shut. Placing a kiss on her lips she ducked back out.

"Donovan, is there a reason why you're being obnoxiously loud this morning?"

"It's 2oclock in the afternoon Your Highness," he adjusted his gloves, "Sir June expected your appearance in the court 5 hours ago."

"Is that so?" Jisoo chuckled, "Well I'm sure he won't mind waiting a little longer then," she felt Irene's lips move across her skin.

"But Your Highness he,"

"Sir Donovan, please leave and make sure to close the door quietly on your way out," Jisoo cut him off. Hands clenching Donovan begrudgingly left the room.

"Yes, the princess and I have been friends for a long time," Somin placed down the cups of coffee and sat down next to her.

"Is it true that she's..." concentration covered her face, "My I can't find a polite word of saying it," finished Somin.

"It's okay," chuckled Lisa, "Polite isn't how you should describe her."

"Some friend you are," Somin nudged her arm. Taking a sip of her coffee, Lisa shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm being honest and if she was here, she would've said the same thing."

"You two sound really close."

"That sort of happens when you grow up together."

"Yeah well, it's not like I know what nobility get up to. I'm just a regular commoner," mumbled Somin.

"You're not just regular Somin," Lisa looked at her earnestly, "You're one of the most beautiful and sincere women I've ever met."

Laughing Somin shook her head, "Those are very big words. Especially since we've only just met."

"As I said I'm being honest," smiled Lisa as her eyes lowered. Well, that didn't go as I thought...

"Huh!" Lisa turned and saw Somin sit back down. Fingers moving to her cheek she felt her heart beating fast.

"Since you were so cute and all," giggled Somin at the redness appearing on the other woman's face.

"You should've warned me," whispered Lisa.

"Where's the fun in that? You have to play it right you know," smiled Somin.

"You're right," said Lisa, a rueful smile appearing on her lips, "It's all just a game really."

"Is he confident this will work?"

"Yes Commander."

"Mmm, well there's always something up his sleeve," Chaerin leaned onto her desk hands folded as she thought, "Fine. I will accept this request. However, I don't think they've returned from the village yet."

"That's fine, I'll just go to them Commander," said Dahyun.

"Alright then. Let me write the order and you may go," said Chaerin as she reached for paper.

Slamming his fist, June stood abruptly. The rest of the royal court retreated within themselves but remained stoic. Stepping down from the throne, he made his way to the floor. There was an anticipated hush. Donovan's head stayed bowed as gold boots appeared in his vision.