Chapter 36: Endings

"In each loss, there is a gain, as in every gain, there is a loss, and with each ending comes a beginning."

             -Buddhist proverb

Your blue eyes were wide as you took in the sight before you, chest heaving beneath the your silk robes as you took a hesitant step backwards, heart pounding uncontrollably in your chest.

Hoseok stood across the courtyard, his eyes staring straight at you from underneath the awning, a small group of twitching, rotting spirits standing behind him, each one of them seeming to wait for some kind of order.

You didn't know what was happening.

But you knew it wasn't good.

Yoongi had come stumbling into your make shift safe zone, his eyes filled with tears as his body shook violently, hands reaching for you desperately.

You remembered the fear that shone on his expression. You should have known by the way he looked at you...You should have known that he was in trouble...that he needed something-he needed you.

Grace.

He told you that they had taken Grace...and they had capture the others. Some kind of undead skeleton spirits had come and swept them up when they had come to warn Yoongi of the on coming danger...but that was nothing compared to what he told you next...

Hoseok was leading them.

He had told Yoongi to find you and bring you to him...or else he would kill Grace...and come for you himself...

You didn't even hesitate to leave.

Grace was in danger...The others were in danger and saving them was your top priority.

You know that moment in the movies when you know that a big battle is coming up? The battle that you've been waiting for since you first started watching? The battle where the hero would finally defeat their enemy and grab the victory?

You wait with anxiety and excitement as they take their last steps towards the one they've hated since the beginning...the one who has betrayed and hurt them countless times...you wait and you silently hope that our hero will pull through....

You felt like this was that moment...

However, it didn't feel like a moment of victory...

It felt like a piece of yourself was breaking away as you stared at Hoseok, his blue eyes filled with an unknown emotion.

You knew that it wasn't really him...you knew by the bright blue color of his eyes....It was Daesung's doing.

He was doing this to get underneath your skin and make you hesitate...he wanted to hurt you by forcing you to harm someone you care about...he was trying to make you lose your humanity and chose between a child and one of your closest friends...a man you had come to care for deeply.

Your guys drifted over to the three men that stood behind him, breath catching in your throat as Seokjin's eyes met yours, his body jerking against the hold of the soldier holding him.

"Y/n."

You pushed back your emotion's as Jimin's hand came to rest on your shoulder, his blue eyes studying your features.

The way he said your name told you all you needed to know...

He didn't want you to do this...He didn't want you to fight..he wanted you to run..he wanted you to be safe....But you couldn't run anymore...you couldn't hide...not when there was so much to lose.