19: Ice is my life

"Marinette I have something to tell you."

My heart was beating a million miles an hour.

Is this really happening? Is he going to say what I think he's going to say?

I felt myself taking quick involuntarily shallow breaths, and I was feeling light headed, dizzy even.

Suddenly Adriens phone went off, notifying him that he got a message.

"Crap, I'm late for my Chinese lessons! I'll tell you later!" Adrien said, rushing down the sidewalk.

After a couple of minutes of just standing their dumbfounded, my breathing went back to normal and I felt fine.

I was relieved that the intense moment was over, but part of me wished that I was still there hearing Adrien confess his love to me.

I shook my head.

I am dating Luka. I love Luka.

I went inside and helped my parents out in the bakery for a while before heading upstairs to add the finishing touches on the costume.

I woke up to my alarm clock blaring.
I had fallen asleep on my sewing desk, on top of an unfinished costume.

And then I realized I forget to do my Geometry homework.

So I was brushing my hair with one hand and completing my homework with the other.

I was ten minutes early for class which was a big shock for me, considering I'm always late.

Right now the only people in the classroom was Alya, Lila walked in ahead, Ms. Busier walked in the same time I did, and then Chloe barged in stomping ahead of me to our spot in the back.

She sat down, and let out an earsplitting scream. She immeadiately jumped up.

"Ow!" She cried out, and as I got closer I saw actual tears in her eyes.

I looked down and was shocked to find thumbtacks glued all over the spot where Chloe and I sit.

"Chloe what's wrong?" Mrs. Busier asked rushing over to us.

I pointed at the bench, and Mrs. Busier gasped in shock.

"Who would do such a thing?" She asked.

Chloe and I traded a look.

"Lila." We said in unison.

"I did not!" Lila declared in mock outrage. "I would never do such a thing."

"You and Alya were the only other two people in this room! Who else would it be?" Chloe snapped at her.

"It must have been Alya!" Lila declared.

"What? It wasn't me. You were here first." Alys argued back.

"No I wasn't! You were. Do you really hate Marinette and Chloe that much to do such a thing?" Lila asked.

"Of course not!"

"Alya you were the first one here, Lila walked in ahead of Marinette and me." Ms. Busier said.

"She was coming back from the bathroom!" Alya announced exasperated.

"I am going to have to send you to the principal's office." Ms. Busier said handing Alya a note.

Lila wore her awful smirk across her face. I knew she was the one that did it.

"It was Lila!" I said. "Alya would never do anything so mean."

"That's not a very good argument." Lila sneered.

"I am sorry, but all the evidence points to Alya." Ms. Busier said.

Alya walked out the room her head hung down low, as our other classmates piled in. Chloe and I sat at an empty desk.

I wish there was something that I could do to prove Alya's innocence.

When Adrien and Nino walked in, they asked Lila about where Alya was.

She told them to ask me with that ugly little smirk on her face.

The bell rang, and I mouthed later to them as I took my seat.

We were about five minutes into class whe. The door slammed open.

A girl came in wearing brown hair decorated with snakes. She wore a pair of purple tinted sunglasses and a red body suit with no shoes. In her hand she held a pink note.

She looked like a modern day Medusa.

The entire class looked at her, shocked.

"Can I help you?" Our teacher asked.

"You lie." She spoke to Ms. Busier. She then took off her sunglasses and looked directly at her, and Mrs. Busier started to turn to stone.

The class erupted into a mixture of screams and chaos.

"I am the Truth Sayer and I will get the truth." She spoke.

It took me only a moment to see that this was Alya, Akumatized.

She put the sunglasses back on and gazed around the room. She paused and started moving towards Lila.

"Truth. Say it." Alya the Truth Sayer ordered her.

"Help me!" Lila cried out.

I needed to find somewhere private so I could change into Ladybug.

I looked around and saw no where to hide. Maybe if I could make it out the door....

Truth Sayer was too busy yelling at Lila for the truth, to pay attention to everyone else that was scrambling out the door.

I hid around the corner, but before I could transform, I ran into Chat Noir.

"Marinette, thank God you got out," he said pulling me in for a hug.

"Haha, yeah," I said impatiently. As he hugged me.

"Leave the building, and get home." He ordered me before running off.

"Will do!" I yelled back.

I made sure he was gone before letting Tiki out of my purse.

"That was close, Marinette. " the qwuami whispered.

"Yeah." I agreed, double checking to make she no one was around.

"Ok, Tiki, spots on!"

It was only a moment before I became the famous super hero, Ladybug.

I rushed back into the classroom. Plenty of our classmates had been turned into statues.

"Tell everyone the truth!" Truth Sayer screamed at Lila.

"I didn't do it!" Lila cried.

"You lie!"

Truth Sayer was about to take off her glasses and turn Lila to stone, but Chat scooped the girl up in time and jumped out the window.

Truth Sayer was hot on his tail-pun not intended.

I chased after them.

"I demand the truth!" She screamed. "and I demand your miraculous'!"

She was getting really close to them

"Well come and get it then!" I yelled at her, swinging in the opposite direction.

She turned around and faced me.

"You, give me your miraculous!" Truth Sayer ordered.

"Haha, your gonna have to try a little harder than that." I commented, swinging away in the opposite direction of Chat and Lila.

I didn't get very far before my legs started to get very heavy.

I looked down and saw my legs slowly turning to stone, when I looked back up I saw a wall that I crashed into, and then fell to the ground unconscious.