Chapter 121: Fifth Life - Feigning Ignorance on Matters of the Heart

Two days passed. Yang Zi Huo's condition seems to be improving slowly. I'm watching him often that I forget to take care of myself.

How odd.

Gu Yi brings in a tray of food and sets it on the table in the far left table inside Zi Huo's room.

"Please eat something, Miss Yuxing. Sect Leader Yang is resting well, he will awake soon once his fire energy overpowers the ice venom. Thankfully, it did not enter his veins, only burned the outer surface of his skin."

I stand while my eyes watch over a sleeping Zi Huo. "Gu Yi, do you believe this snake demon purposely cultivated an ice energy to take down Yang Zi Huo?"

He crosses his arms. "I guess it's possible. Not many demons are fond of Sect Leader."

I turn to him. "About forty years ago when the Immortal Sects worked with Wicked Mist to overtake Bleak Night, was Yang Zi Huo able to subdue the demon group?"

"Sect Leader was able to overpower Wicked Mist by defeating their leader. He also happened to be a green snake demon."

"Could the snake demon that attacked us be that same one?" I ask. I couldn't conceal my concern.

"It's not possible. No one can survive the powers of Sect Leader's blue flames. To live after being burned by blue flames... would be a tortuous life."

This snake demon knew Yang Zi Huo personally, I'm sure of it. He wanted to kill me to hurt Yang Zi Huo. He has a deep rooted hatred for him. There was even a burn mark on his left eye, marking his thirst for vengeance against Bleak Night.

Gu Yi sighs, "Please have a seat and eat something. If I do not take care well of you, Sect Leader will have my head."

He gestures for me to sit on the chair. Feeling bad for him, I abide and sit down. I don't have much of an appetite but pick at the dishes, absentmindedly placing pieces in my mouth.

Gu Yi begged me to go for a walk, go out for fresh air somewhere. He promises to watch over Yang Zi Huo.

I go for a short walk to Dark Fall Lake. The air is no longer an unbearable winter density as before, and I can even see the sun high in the sky shining down brightly. The environment has completely changed from when I first came to Bleak Night.

Returning to Yang Zi Huo's quarters, I find Gu Yi sitting in the chair I was in. He is waving me away. Sighing, I turn to the study next door.

"I do need to sleep for a bit," I say to myself.

I close the doors to the study and go lie down on the day bed behind the screen. I'm trying to fall asleep but cannot find a comfortable spot. I turn stretching my legs, and placing my arms in strange positions.

"I'm so tired but can't sleep," I groan.

I sit up trying to blink with my heavy eyelids. The action of blinking is slowed down due to the thickness. I stand to stretch my arms.

"Maybe reading some of Yang Zi Huo's boring texts can put me to sleep."

Walking toward the book shelf, I put my hand out to randomly select a manual. Using too much strength, I accidentally knock a few down on the other side.

"Ugh."

I go around to pick up the books. Noticing a wooden box on the floor, I realize it was the box I had knocked over awhile ago and had forgotten about.

"There was some papers in this."

I put the books back up on the shelf in a disorganized manner, and reach under the bookshelf to shuffle out the pieces of loose paper I had stuffed under there when Yang Zi Huo walked in on me.