Fourteen || Aaron & Aiden

|| Aaron & Aiden

Deputies Parrish and Haigh got out of their patrol car, it parked on the side of the road near the Preserve. Just beyond them were the woods and outlined by yellow tape was where the Stilinski Jeep flipped.

"Why'd Jacy get so worked up earlier?" Haigh asked, he and his partner easing down the slope to the Preserve.

Jordan was looking around, nearly frozen leaves crunching under his feet. "They're friends, I guess."

"Didn't seem quite like an 'I guess' reaction." Haigh took one side of the marked off space.

Parrish took the other, "Let's just do our job."

It took fifteen minutes until Haigh found some bits of glass from the windshield as well as a cell phone snapped in half.

"I still don't get how this kid survived his wreck." Haigh bagged and tagged the evidence that was missed earlier.

Jordan furrowed his eyebrows, crouching down. He pushed away leaves, an estranged look crossing his face. "Haigh." He picked the object up, it cool in his fingers. "I think I found something."

| |

Jacy was leaned back in her desk, fiddling with her purple pen. It was close to the end of the school day and Jordan still hadn't gotten back to her.

Her English class was dragging, the replacement for Ms. Blake going on and on about the importance of Latin roots.

Jacy could care less, as she already knew Latin fluently.

There was a double knock on the door, stopping Mr. Carsen midsentence. He set down his chalk before approaching the door, speaking lowly with whoever stood outside.

A moment later, Mr. Carsen turned toward the class. "Jacy, take your things."

Jacy hesitated before grabbing her binder and putting her bag over her shoulder. Leaving her desk, she found Jordan waiting in the hall for her. "Shit."

He wouldn't be here unless he found something that changed the game.

"What is it?" They were the only ones in the hallway but they kept their voices down.

"Jacy-"

"Jordan, don't bullshit me on this. What did you find?" This is exatly what Jacy was afraid of.

"It's the tires. It was thought to be blown out just by a faulter, but..."

"It wasn't. Someone did this to him. Someone flipped his Jeep."

Jordan glanced around to make sure they were alone. He pulled out his phone, showing Jacy a picture of what he found. "Or something."

Her eyes widened, "What the holy hell is that?"

| |

Jacy went to her locker when the bell rang, Jordan leaving her once school got out.

Although Stiles showed up to school after lunch, Jacy hadn't seen much of him.

"How was lunch? I heard Kira say something to school about a flying chair." Stiles was behind her locker door, smiling as Jacy shut it.

Lucky for Jacy, most of the people who had lockers around her left quickly so it was always almost empty.

"That was Aiden." Jacy put on her jacket and the grabbed her keys, only glancing to Stiles when she was sure no one was around.