Chapter 26

Rachel’s POV

Friday June 20 2014

Has it already been 3 weeks? Great, another 5 weeks to go. The first few days without the guys here was just weird and wrong. I missed hanging out with them, especially Alex. I was almost glad that he asked me to take care of the dogs, they were good company for me in my house. They were no cuddlers like Alex was, but they kept me sane and gave me an excuse to go for walks in the neighbourhood. How much is 5 weeks? 840 hours?…hm thats a little too much for me, maybe i’ll just stick to saying only 5 more weeks.

—————

“Hey everyone.” I walked into work and saw Emma, Pete, and Joe, another engineer that worked at the studio, all in the lobby watching the news on tv.

They all turned around and greeted me, except Emma got up quickly from her seat and ran over to me, “guess who recommended you to work with A Day To Remember and guess when they start?!”

My eyes grew wide and my jaw dropped. “A Day To Remember?! They're amazing oh my god and you recommended me to them?!”

“Well I didn't have to explain much. They heard of you from All Time Low’s album and the other bands you worked with before you moved here! So, they’re in!”

“You’re the best Emma!” I grabbed her in a hug and hugged her so tight I heard her struggling for her breath.

Once I let her go, she brushed off her shoulder, “I do what I can, they're coming in starting tomorrow for a month straight. Be prepared. I heard they can be jokesters!”

“Ah more jokesters,” I started walking away but turned around before I left, “although I can guarantee that nobody will be bigger jokers than my boys in All Time Low.”

I walked into one of the smaller studios as I was just editing some songs today and got to work. About half an hour later, my phone buzzed and the FaceTime ringer started ringing. I looked at my phone to see Alex’s picture on the screen and smiled.

“Hey there mr. rockstar!”

I saw him smile and internally melted. He skyped me a few days ago and I’m still not getting used to talking over video with him. How I missed seeing him smile right in front of me.

“Hey. How is everything? Busy at work?”

“Things are alright. I miss you…and I’m just editing a band’s songs today.”

“I miss you too, Rachel.”

After Alex said that I heard fake vomiting and gagging noises in the background, “haha, was that the guys making fun of us?”

Alex grabbed a pillow from beside him and threw it across the room yelling “shut the fuck up, Zack!” and then turning back to me as if nothing had happened, “yeah, you know how they are.”

“Oh! I didn't tell you! Guess who I’m gonna work with! I’ll give you a hint…their singer is featured in a Pierce The Veil song…”

Alex thought for a moment and then his eyes grew just as mine did when I found out the news, “A Day To Remember?!”

I shook my head yes while he still freaked out.

“Oh my god! Congratulations thats huge for you!”

Alex and I talked for about 20 minutes, catching up on what has happened in the past few days before I had to leave to get back to work.

———————

*The Next Day*

I woke up just seconds before my alarm went off. You could say that I was excited for today. As I showered, changed, and ate breakfast, I had A Day To Remember blasting through my speakers throughout the house. I didn't even care that I was working on a Saturday. I was so excited that I was gonna be working with them.