Chapter 17

Gabriel's POV

As unconventional as it sounds I miss her. I tried to shut my heart towards love but slowly she's creeping into it like she belongs in there.

Her absence this evening has shown me how much I've come to depend on her even for the littlest of things. Although I missed her I was happy that she was happy even if i couldn't see her smile but i felt it, deep in my bones. It feels like I could see her when I close my eyes but i still wanted to see how she looked in the dress I got for her but im sure It would be nothing short of flawless just like her name Sierra. The first time i said her name it came off my tongue so casually like I had known it before then.

The faster I go to sleep the faster it is for tomorrow to get here and for me to feel her presence.

**********

"Morning sleepy head." Luca woke me up from the perfect dream I was having, whatever he has to stay gotta be good if not I'm cutting off his big fat head.

"Yeahh im up. Why'd you come into the room without knocking though" he gave me that kind of look that indicated had to be crazy.

"Gabriel when do I ever knock on your room door though." I thought of it. It was true he never did knock before coming in, he was all in on someone else's business never minding his.

"So whatsup? Is there a problem? You better have a good reason for waking me up this early." I deadpan.

"Dr. Grant wants you to come in today. To the hospital, he has something to tell you. But he wants you to come in privately and quietly. He says it's urgent " I hadn't heard from Dr. Grant in a while and I was honestly loosing hope but i guess there's still a ray of light at the end of the tunnel. Deciding there was no more time to waste, I had to get ready.

"Luca could you help me get something to wear, we need to get to his office in an hour and also call him and tell him we'll be there by 9. The earlier the better. I'll go have a quick shower."

"Will do. I'll be out here waiting."

**********

"Everything will be ready by next week, so just get ready to fly to India."

We had just finish having a meeting with Dr. Grant my mum was here and Luca also accompanied us to the doctors. We were currently in the car on our way to drop my mum off and then head on home . I was deep in thought. Everything would soon change again. These past few months my life had been one hell of a rollercoaster. They say change is the only thing that's constant but the change in my life happened all almost simultaneously and my life was about to change again. I was looking forward to this because this was a good change. I would be able to see the faces of the people i love and the things I love. I would be able to go back to work and drive on my own and not depend on anyone to help go down for breakfast,lunch and dinner. And once I get my eyesight back, I'll make sure to tell Sierra how i feel about her. You might be wondering what was stopping me from telling her right now but i was too afraid of rejection. I know she wouldn't want someone like me, blind and unable to help myself and i wanted to be something more for her.

Someone she could depend on and have faith in bit right now i wasn't that person. She would probably be at home by now right? And i still needed to give her the remaining birthday present I had for her. I hope she likes it.

Sierra's POV

I was finally on my way to Gabriel's house, a place I called home for the past month . I had learnt to call this place home, I couldnt even imagining leaving here. Leaving him. But every thing must come to an end right?