Chapter 62

Gavin

Oh sweet mother of mercy, help us! We'd only been asleep for a few hours when Sidney had suddenly started whimpering in her sleep, effectively waking us up. The thing was she wouldn't wake up when we called to her so I stupidly thought to give her shoulder a little shake to snap her out of whatever nightmare she seemed to be in and check that she was okay, big mistake. The moment my skin touched her own her eyes shot open and I suddenly was hit with a wave of her heat scent like nothing I'd smelled before. I might have enjoyed rolling in that scent if not for the fact that this wasn't my usual Crazy Girl.

 The moment her eyes opened with a vicious snarl I could see the sheer predatory look in them and it had me backpedaling away from her as her eyes tracked my every movement. "Uh, Sid, it's just us." Fletcher's voice quivered, but I didn't dare take my eyes off of the female in case she would choose to pounce at any moment. She looked like she wanted to kill us but the sweet scent of her heat made me want to be close to her, it made me want her and I wasn't the only one. "Alright C.G. snap out of it and we'll all go get the Doc so he can help us figure this out, okay?" I lowered my posture in submission as I did my best to placate her despite my wolf wanting to try something more along the lines of mounting her at the moment. 

"Get out." The two words seemed hard for her to choke out as I let my gaze meet hers, she was fighting to keep control once more. "Go, now!" This time it was an order and one that we could not disobey, as it sent Fletch and I running out into the hall where we met with the others that were not on patrol. "Geez her scent woke me up, I thought it was some spaced out dream at first." Emmett hissed out, his darkened eyes focusing on the bedroom door behind us. "She's awake and she's not happy." Fletcher gulped out nervously, and that was when the howling started. It came from every direction as if they'd all been waiting for this very moment, the howls pierced through the silence of the darkness outside and slowly ebbed away.

 It was like our bodies moved on their own as we flooded back into the room to guard Sid at any cost, her body was shuddering as she gazed out the window she'd aparently just pryed open. "Sidney, get away from the window it isn't safe." Bowen spoke sternly but wisely avoided ordering her in this tense state. "Neither are any of you as long as you're locked up with me." Her whisper had warning bells ringing in my mind as she glanced at all of us apologetically. "I'd advise you start running boys, this isn't going to be pretty." The words had barely left her lips as she shifted where she stood, lifting her head back into a long and lonely howl in answer to the calls outside. 

The sound brought me to my knees as I whimpered to her pleading for her to say or do something, not call in the enemy. "I'm sorry." Her link tore through my heart like a knife just as she lept out of the open window onto the roof. Bowen rushed to the window as he tried to call her back, pleading for her to stay with the rest of us. I didn't move again until I heard her paws hit the snow outside, it was as if panic set in and forced me to my feet again, we had to keep her safe. 

"You know when they said we'd have to fight other males and rogues for her I didn't think she'd go running to them." Ash whined out. "Then we'll just have to go after her, she told us to run, but she never said which way." I growled out, no one was going to give up on my C.G, least of all me. "I'll link Beck and Micah to see if they can cut her off, well boys watch your backs we've got a she wolf to chase." Bowen gave the order and that was all it took for everyone else to shift, some heading downstairs to the front door while I followed the others out the window, the chase was on.