Chapter 3: Picnic

Lessons continued after the test was finished, but not before lunch break! I ordered an udon noodle soup, and after receiving it, I brought it on a tray to one of the tables that had a few students from my class on it.

I wanted to expand my friendships on a broader scale through my class, and asked if I could sit there in the empty spot. Sitting there already were Ashido, the pink girl, Kirishima, Yaoyorozu, Bakugo, and Todoroki.

They accepted my request and I sat down at the corner. Opposite me was Ashido, beside her was Yaoyorozu, and beside her in the other corner was Bakugo. The reason I specify this is because out of the corner of my eye I noticed one of my other classmates looking at our table.

I glanced over to the left slightly and noticed the strange little guy, Mineta, staring intensely just past me. I tracked his eyesight and saw that he was fixated on Ashido. Sure, she was attractive but why was he... Then I saw it.

I lowered my head slightly as I saw that her skirt was riding up a bit, showing off a small part of her panties. I glared at Mineta as I leaned over to Ashido and whispered,

"You might want to pull your skirt down. You're getting unwanted attention."

She seemed confused at first, but squealed in embarrassment when she looked down at her lap and pulled her skirt down.

I heard a faint "Aw man" and Mineta was no longer staring as he cleaned his nose with a napkin, soaking it with blood from his nosebleed. I scowled at him but he didn't notice, and Ashido thanked me.

Kirishima turned to face me and congratulated me on our fight earlier.

"Oh, thanks! I saw you during the entrance exam, you're pretty good at fighting yourself."

He grinned and showed off his hardening ability, "It's not so much about the fighting, but the fact that I can harden my skin so much that it becomes almost like rock!"

He invited me to touch his arm, which seemed a little weird, but the feeling of weirdness was replaced by solid skin.

"Wow," I said, "That's so cool! Oh, and speaking of cool, Todoroki, your quirk is amazing too! Just how extensive are your powers?"

I looked over at him, and he didn't really seem to be that interested, however he obliged.

"I'm not sure, I haven't pushed myself to my limit yet."

I nodded and continued eating my noodle soup. Bakugo kept to himself, and the few times Kirishima spoke to him, he just insulted in reply. I'd made my mind up at that point that I didn't care for Bakugo one bit. I didn't like his attitude, and I didn't care to know him any further than that.

At least, not at that point in time. It wasn't until I learnt why he is the way he is that I came to like him. That wouldn't be for a while though, and I still regret some of the things I said to him between those times.

I was really relieved at how nice most of my classmates were. I'd come to the school worrying as to whether people would like me or even talk to me, but they were all nice to some extent.

Even Bakugo would oblige to some things, he'd just deny it whilst doing it. I was already starting to dislike Mineta as well, after seeing the way he treated the girls in our class, though I'd talk to him about that later.

We all attended the rest of our classes after lunch, nothing else interesting really happened during the lessons. After it was finished, Iida walked up to me and bowed at an almost ninety degree angle.

I stepped back, a little confused, "Alex, I formally invite you to join our group as we all go out to the park for a walk and then for dinner at the Ichigo Ichie restaurant!"