The Hatching

Season 7, episode 2.

Words: 2,6K

Master Wu sipped his drink, finishing it, "Ah. Another cup please, Misako."

"Okay, but drink it slower this time. Healing Tea doesn't work on a burnt tongue." Misako replied, giving him a new cup of tea. He drinks the tea again, in one sip. "Sip! You are quite impatient." Misako scowled, before chuckling.

"The same could be said of them." Wu motioned to his ninja.

"Okay, Master Wu, you've had your tea. Now can we talk?" Lloyd asked impatiently.

"Ask any question you wish." Master Wu replied.

"Who did we fight in the Monastery?" Cole asked.

"That was Acronix." Zane answered.

"From the painting?" Kai questioned.

"Twins look alike!" Lloyd exclaimed.

"Or was it Krux?" Nya asked.

"Twins do not always." Y/n said to Lloyd.

"Is he from the future?" Zane asked.

"How does he speed up time like that?"  Kai also asked.

"Was he from the past?" Cole questioned.

"What's his story?" Y/n asked.

"Who ate my pudding cup!?" Jay yelled, making the others look at him confused. 

"What? He said ask any question. I put my name on this. Just because we're in a new dojo doesn't mean we disobey the refrigerator rules!" They look at him again, now with an annoyed expression. "Right. Sorry. Guy in monastery. He said anything about Storm. Who was the Master of Storm?"

"Well, to answer that, I must begin at the end. It was forty years ago, shortly after the Serpentine Wars. When I was a much younger man. As you know, we fought valiantly, but our enemies were strong, and our powers alone were not enough. It was the discovery of the Magic Flutes that allowed us to finally defeat the Anacondrai. Their leaders were banished. And peace was returned to Ninjago."

"It is done, brother Garmadon." Wu puts a hand on his brother's shoulder, smiling.

"Indeed, Wu." Garmadon replied.

"Today, Ninjago is finally at peace. A great victory. And one we could not have achieved without each of you, the Elemental Master. Smoke, Metal, Storm, Shadow, Fire, Water, and Time!" Wu exclaimed.

Cole interrupted the flashback, "Hold on a sec. So that guy at the monastery is an actual Elemental Master of Time?"

"No. Acronix was an Elemental Master of Time, like his brother, Krux." Wu sips his tea loudly, "After helping us win our hard-fought peace, they betrayed me, Garmadon, and the others. The so-called Hands of Time felt they controlled the most powerful Element, therefore entitling them to rule all of Ninjago."

"What did you do?" Nya asked the old Master.

"We had to stop them. And it would take all of us. Garmadon, myself, and every Elemental Master." Master Wu replied.

"Even our parents?" Kai asked.

"And the Master of Storm?" Jay added, still not really realising what was going on.

"Of course. Kai, Nya, your mother and father were great fighters, but it appeared even they had met their match. And Jay, I, or your sister, will tell you later."