Fifteen || Ghost Flu

|| Ghost Flu

Sheriff Stilinski stood in front of Deaton and Jacy with the evidence bag in his hand. Only a moment later did he seem to notice the girl. "Oh, Jacy." Quickly he moved the bag out of view. "I'm sorry."

"You know my dad, too?" Stiles' eyes were wide as he looked between his father and Jacy.

"It's okay, Sheriff. She knows about the town," Deaton said, putting down his stitching supplies.

Sheriff Stilinski narrowed his eyes at her, "Both of you?"

Jacy nodded, "Both of us, yes."

"Jace, what does that mean?"

The Sheriff spoke over his son without knowing it. "Well," he brough out the bag again, "Parrish and Haigh found this at the scene. My paranoia turned out to be the truth."

Jacy picked up Aaron so Stilinski could set down the bag on the work table.

"What the holy hell is that?" Stiles sharply asked as his dad stood next to Jacy, diagonal from him.

"It's a claw." Jacy, who was going to tell Stiles right before they found Aaron, didn't have time to fill him in earlier.

"But definitely not one from the kind of supernaturals we know," Sheriff Stilinski said, looking from Jacy to Alan.

"No, this is something much bigger." Stripping off his gloves, Deaton put on a new pair and opened the evidence when he got permission. Carefully, he removed the white bony claw nearly the length of his forearm.

With it held up in the light, all four of them looked up at it.

"It wasn't an accident." Stiles jaw fell slack. "I was almost murdered."

"There's one thing that isn't right." Deaton examined the claw in detail. "If this came from what I think it came from, this creature is a long way from home."

"Where is home for it then? Why the hell would they come all this way to try to kill my son?"

"They wouldn't be able to come on their own," Deaton said. "I can't tell you who or why, but there is someone controlling these things."

"Why would they want me dead? I'm human, I-" Stiles cut himself off, suddenly thinking of why someone would want to kill him.

The nogitsune changed everything.

"Hey, Doc?" Jacy knew she needed to do it now. "Do you think I could get a few minutes alone with the Sheriff?"

"Absolutely." Deaton took Aaron after walking around the exam table. "I'll do a final check up with our patient." Smiling lightly, he left with the puppy.

"Jacy, what are you doing?" Stiles rose an eyebrow at the same minute his father did.

"Is something wrong?" The Sheriff asked curiosly. "Hold on, how do you know about what's in Beacon Hills?"

"I'm one of them." Jacy glanced just barely to Stiles. "I don't have fangs or glowing eyes, but I am supernatural even when I tell myself I'm not."

Stilinski turned like Jacy had so he could look at her, "What are you?"

"I'm...intuitive. I can, uh, I can speak to ghosts." Jacy accepted how rediculous it sounded. "We're called clairvoyants."

"Tell him." Stiles nodded. "Do it."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"On top of ghosts, there are things called drifters." Jacy would give the Sheriff his answer. "Drifters are ones caught between life and death. I can speak to them, too. Typically, they're coma patients."