Three. Lan Jingyi

The fourth day that Wei Wuxian found himself stuck in the teacher's lounge of Kaishi Library reading through the absurdity of his first teaching career was the last sprint of his sanity

The fourth day that Wei Wuxian found himself stuck in the teacher's lounge of Kaishi Library reading through the absurdity of his first teaching career was the last sprint of his sanity. The anxiousness of having to appear knowledgeable than he does in front of his students is something he did not foresee ever to happen in his career.

He did not waste even a day studying incessantly in college, missing out on a lot of early youth partying, so that he can venture this profession unprepared. There are a lot of things he can be teaching these students when it comes to history. Wei Wuxian's knowledge about world history is limitless, learning as much as he can even outside what was required for his degree.

But this, this is ludicrous! The more that Wei Wuxian dives deeper into the world of cultivation, according to the books he has been reading, the more he finds it hard to believe this curriculum is coming from a prestigious school that is Jinlin.

Don't remind him about the coincidence of the names in these books to either the faculty members and the students. One glaring example is their Director Lan who goes by the name Lan Xichen. The amount that character, Lan Xichen, involvement in many parts of this fictional history is ridiculously significant.

Lan Sizhui, a student from Yanli Dormitory goes with the same name as the Lan Sizhui from this fictional history who is a young boy from a wiped out cultivational sect, QishanWen, saved by this Yiling Patriarch who then later died so the boy got taken in by the Yiling Patriarch's friend, Lan Wangji, to his own GusuLan Sect to raise as one of his own.

Lan Wangji, as he believed was one of the students in Yanli Dormitory according to the list of students, who by the way, still has not responded to every call he does every morning during the roll call. So, up until now, he still has not properly met the said student.

But that wasn't really his biggest worry at the moment because obviously, he was about to teach his students something utterly imaginary, wherein, the majority of his students shared a name with these fictional characters in this bloody narrative this school refers as a different side of history.

What more can he say?

It really is a pity. If Wei Wuxian stumbled upon these books in his spare time, he would have enjoyed the content thoroughly. Wei Wuxian might want to deny it, given his situation, but every detail from events down to the characters are all to his liking. It's right up his alley.

It was one of the main reasons why he managed to gather this much information for his reference for his upcoming classes because every book he picks up about everything cultivational undoubtedly captures his interest. He gets entirely pulled in, not daring to drop the book until the last page.

"I'll be damned if I've ever lived in this world." Wei Wuxian mumbled to himself, referring to the world of cultivation. "Seeing ghosts is one thing; controlling them is a different story." Wei Wuxian shivered, closing another yet a book.