Chapter Nine

~Tyr's POV~

"Fuck." I walked quickly downstairs, handing Brooke straight to Charlie who began grumbling at being handed his baby sister. "Just hold her." I gritted out, before continuing my search of the house. She had to be here somewhere.

"Tyr honey, can you help Maya with her reading?" Mum called from where she was sat at the table, surrounded by mountains of paperwork. What it was for, I didn't know, but I didn't have the time to find out.

"In a minute, do you know where Freya is?" I asked quickly. My heart was thumping harder than normal, and I could feel the flaring, freezing cold spread from my chest.

"She went to a friends house last night, Kat? I think? Why, what's wrong?" She glanced at me, eyebrows furrowing. "Sweetheart what's wrong?"

I shook my head, "It doesn't matter."

"Darling-"

"Later, Mum."

I grabbed my keys and walked back out of the house, ringing Freya's phone as I did so. I was beyond fuming, and the itching of the icy feeling was beginning to ripple across my body.

Their was a light click of the phone being answered. "What?" Her voice was groggy, barely audible as she huffed down the speaker.

"Where the hell are you?"

"What's it to you?" Her breathing was laboured, and I could make out the sound of her feet hitting the floor. "I'm on my way home anyway, if you're ringing because of Dad tell him I'll be there in-"

"Freya you have no idea..." I gritted my teeth, feeling furious with myself. If only we spoke more. We were so close when we were young, but after I'd moved schools and she decided to follow her artistic path, we slowly began separating. If only I had taken the time to tell her about my life. About Cleopatra.

About Nathan.

"No idea about what?" She snorted.

I rounded the corner, and caught sight of her jogging down the road towards me, dressed in stretchy jogging gear and with a bag strapped to her back. I hung up, crossing my arms as she slowed her pace, unhooking the earphones from her ear.

"Are you stalking me now?" She scoffed as she drew closer. She laughed under her breath, shoving her phone in her pocket, then looked up. Her eyes widened, and she glanced around. "Tyr you need to stop. We're in public."

"Stop what?" I relaxed my arms from where they'd been crossed against my chest. "I'm not doing anything."

"You're blue." She hissed, staring at me. I looked down, and to my horror she was right. Both arms were decorated in the ridged veins, my skin as cold as ice on a winters morning. "Turn back."

"What do you think I'm trying to do?" I muttered, straining my mind to try and concentrate on turning back to my usual state. My pent up frustrations were making it difficult though, and I was just grateful the street was currently empty.

"Tyr-"

"Take me home."

I didn't need to ask again, and I closed my eyes as Freya's hand closed around my bicep. When I blinked we were stood in the kitchen, alone. "Ty what's happening?"

"You kissed Nathan!"

She took a step back, "Who's Nathan?"

"What do you mean, who's Nathan? He's the guy who's tongue was shoved down your throat last night!" I glared at her, feeling my anger rise again.

"Tyr, I didn't kiss anyone last night. I was at Kats-"

"Then what's this?" I passed her my phone, open on the picture I'd been sent that morning. "How do you explain that?"