Runaway Train

Clara drank uneasily from the tumbler full of whiskey that Clint had handed to her after dinner was finished, soothing her nerves. Both Clint and Laura had reassured her countless times throughout the day that she would be completely okay around the kids. Natasha had practically forced her to come inside for dinner. Clara had been perfectly fine during dinner, sitting in between her brother and Natasha. Steve had been stealing glances of her all night. He missed her. Missed seeing her this much.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something." Fury announces to them as Lila runs from her mother to where Natasha and Clara were sitting. The small girl happily showed them her picture, Natasha pinching her cheek in response. Fury just continues, "The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing."

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asks from his spot against the wall. His arms were crossed and Clara did not know how he found a black hoodie his size from Clint's clothes. However, she was currently forced into some of Natasha's old clothes that she had stored here and that was really a surprise in itself. The shorts were almost comically small, but Clara was trying to hide that with one of Clint's shirts. However, Steve had noticed and the thought of how she looks in those shorts made a blush lightly come across his cheeks.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though." Fury responds as Clara downs the rest of the alcohol, letting it burn down her throat. Natasha happily poured her another glass.

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony questions as gets ready to continue throwing darts.

"Yes he is, but he's not making any headway." Fury answers as he pulls out two slices of bread. Clara wished that the alcohol would actually have some sort of affect on her.

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Tony retorts and Clara perks up slightly, a small smile on her face. Steve instantly notices the change in her mood.

"I cracked into SHIELD's when I was around the same age. It isn't that hard." Clara adds, Natasha rolling her eyes at her friend's antics.

"Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that." The one eyed man replies, spreading some condiment unknown to Clara on the bread. The younger Stark leaned back in her chair, using her powers to lower the temperature of the drink in her hand.

"Nexus?" Steve questions, which makes the corner of Clara's mouth tip upward at the cluelessness of their "leader".

"Its the world Internet hub in Oslo. Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on earth." Bruce explains, Steve nodding in response. He still really did not know what any of that meant and Clara knew that.

"So what'd they say?" Clint keeps the conversation moving as as he fiddles with darts.

"He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed." Fury responds and Clara leaned forward in her seat slightly.

"By whom?" Tony questions and he quickly has to move his face as a dart flies centimeters away from his nose.

"Parties unknown." Fury answers, eating his sandwich.

"We have an ally?" Clara questions after downing the rest of her drink.

"Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still I'd pay folding money to know who it is." Fury continues, taking a sip of what looks like is apple juice.

"I might need to visit Oslo. Find our unknown. Clara, you in?" Tony asks and Clara shrugs, partially considering it. Tony rolls his eyes at his sister.