Chapter 26 (Rewritten)

Update- 5/24/21: Minor changes

"Hng!" Eren grunted as he got you on your horse. 

Till this day, you can never get on a horse properly. How embarrassing. 

Eren noticed your red cheeks of embarrassment. 

"Don't be embarrassed Y/n. I'm always happy to help you. No matter how funny the situation might be."

Funny!?

You scoffed while staring at Eren angrily. Your cheeks puffing out. Eren laughed. 

"You're so cute sometimes."

Your cheeks grew red and you looked away, still angry.  

"Aw, come on Y/n. Don't be like that. Look at me."

You continued to ignore. 

"Are you two just going to keep flirting with each other all day or are you going to get in position?" you heard a deep voice ask. 

Eren immediately tensed as Captain Levi glared at you two...well more like he glared at Eren. 

"S-sir!"

"I asked you a damn question. Are you ready or not?"

"Y-yes! We're ready. Y/n just needed help getting on her horse." Eren explained. 

"She's perfectly capable of doing it herself."

"No, I'm not..."

"But-" Levi's glare made Eren cut off his protest. 

"Get into position, Jeager." Levi growled slightly. 

Eren gulped before hurrying off. 

"Later Y/n!" Eren called. 

You waved goodbye at him. You felt a presence next to you. You turned to your right to find Levi there. You mentally gulped. 

"Let's go." he said before slowly riding his horse to position. You quickly followed after him. 

You managed to catch up to him, but then got caught off guard when you were close enough.

What's this?

You know this sense very well but never expected from someone like him!

It was...protectiveness?

"We have very important tasks to get through to. There is absolutely no time to free-load. Understand cadet?" he speaks seriously. 

You gave him a blank stare. Does he really mean this?

...

He doesn't. 

You nodded anyways. 

You all lined up and waited for the signal to move. You looked behind you to see all the cadets behind you. 

You all were very first in position? You didn't know why. 

"Are you ready for this Y/n?"

You looked towards Eren and let out a determined hum. 

Eren chuckled at this. 

"ONWARD!!" You heard Commander Erwin yell. 

And then...you all were off. 

*Time Skip*

You all rode for a pretty long time until you reached a large forest with giant size trees that didn't even look normal. 

Isn't this the titan forest?

Before you knew it, the cadets around you started splitting up into different directions. You soon became really nervous.