take it to the grave

Dick wasn't really skipping class. he had a study block, no one was taking attendance in the library, so going home early was just a harmless white lie he wouldn't tell Bruce about. Dick unlocked the door and shouted out. no response. of coarse. Alfred was out of town, Bruce was at a meeting until tonight, Damian was in metropolis with Colin, Tim was at science lab. no one even asked where Jason was, skipping class with friends probably.

Dick was home alone. you really don't understand how wonderful this is unless you have three brothers. Dick, taking care to lock the door, turned on the lights and got a snack from the kitchen. He dropped his backpack, ate a handful of goldfish crackers, and ran upstairs to change.

It felt awesome to change out of his vastly uncomfortable school uniform. he threw on a sweatshirt and jeans. Returning downstairs, he grabbed more goldfish crackers, a cup of juice, and ran back to the foyer. 

Lazily, Dick began scrolling through YouTube.  He found one of those YouTube generated playlists. He clicked. it was a good playlist. he connected to a wireless speaker. 

(P.O.V. Switch)

Jason kicked back in his chair and took a look at his computer screen, he wouldn't consider himself an avid gamer, but opening Skype and watching Roy try to teach Kori how to play COD was worth it. 

"Alright, chief, I'm gonna grab some chips, be back in a couple." he yanked off his headset and skipped from the room, making his way with haste towards the main staircase. however, as he approached, he heard a sound.

Shoot burgles.

Sure he had lots of experience with robbers as Red Hood, but you'd be suprised how many times Jason Todd had to deal with break ins.

The smart thing to do is to call Bruce.

If be "smart" you mean brain numbingly idiotic. I'm not about to get canned for skipping class.

Jason grabbed the nearest thing resembling a weapon; in this case it was a decorative dollar store skull, about the size of a soft ball.

Jason ducked around the corner and practically threw himself down the stairs.

What the hell?

there was ABBA blasting from the speaker in the corner, Dick was in sweats, singing and dancing along culminating in the splits while singing the top note of Waterloo. Dick heard him fall and jerked his head to see his brother. direct eye contact. Dick in middle splits, hands stretched above his head, Jason half squatting at the bottom of the stairs clutching a glittery black plastic skull. Dick had been listening to music on YouTube. an ad queued up. it was for WIX.

although both where somewhat confused and mortified, Jay couldn't help but to laugh at how absurd the scenario was.

"I Trained you too well!" He muttered between snickers. "Even little Dickie is skipping school!"

Dicks face went red and he quickly stood from his, lets say compromising, position. "Well your skipping too."

"Yeah but I always ski-" Jason just stopped himself and took a long look at his brother. "How about we forget about this."

"If you snitch I snitch too."

"Yeah, let's take this to the grave." Jason sighed, brushing hair from his eyes. "I'm gonna get some chips from the kitchen want anything?"

"Dignity."

"SAME."

They never snitched, though it wasn't hard to figure out that something was off. they got along way to well that evening.