Chapter 18

Sierra's POV

2 days were left till Gabriel had to go for his surgery. I was partially sad but at the same time i was happy for Gabriel as he would be regaining his eyesight back.

Right now Gabriel and I were having a walk outside. It was evening now and the sun was setting. The scenery looked so beautiful. Just like the way my life was during these past few days; so beautiful almost like a fairytale. Gabriel and I hadn't said anything much about the way we felt for each other but we knew there was something there. These past days he was so happy and talkative that it made me happy too.

"After I'm done with my surgery, I have something to tell you. Make sure you're here when I get back." I looked at him like he was crazy. What would I still be doing in his house after he had gone for his surgery. There was no point of me being here again as the duties I was taking up right now would become his once again.

"Gabriel I don't think my job of being your helper would still stand at that time. You would be the one to help yourself now."

He laughed at what i just said. How did that even sound funny.
"I know dummy, but that's not what i mean. I mean make sure you're in my house when I arrive from India."

"But i don't know when you're going to be back. And i can't possibly stay here until you're back and what's so special about what you want to say that you can't say it now?"

"Exercise a little patience Sisi" he started calling me that, all the time infact and honestly it had started to get annoying. I shouldn't have told them that name.

"Plus dont worry my mum will call you on the day we'll be coming back to the US. Okay?"

"Okay fine. I understand." I looked back at the house were we started the walk at and saw Mrs. Buono beckoning on us to come for dinner.

"Gabriel, I think its time we get back into the house. It has started getting chilly and dinner is ready"

"Yeah sure. Come on lets go in."he said with a smile.

                        *********

I woke up from sleep feeling worse than I had felt the days before. Today was the day, that he would finally start his journey of getting a new meaning of life. He was meant to leave the house by 10 as that was when his flight was. I didn't know how to feel, putting all the distress at the back of my head. I put all my belongings in the suitcase I brought when I first got to this house. It felt like it was just yesterday.

After finishing with that, I stepped into the bathroom and had a shower. The warm water doing wonders to my body, after the shower I felt so relaxed, like my life was alright and there was nothing major going on. I put on my bath robe and walked into my bedroom towards the place where i set out my underwear and clothes for today.

Did my hair and make-up, as usual. With mascara and put in Vaseline on my lips with no lip gloss. I stared at myself in the mirror and it felt like it was a different woman standing in front of me. I didn't look like the Sierra that walked into this house, I looked better like I was glowing and i couldn't pin point what exactly was the reason behind this glow. Feeling accomplished with my look, I went down for breakfast remembering that Gabriel said I didn't need to fetch him from his room today. 

On getting to the dinning table I saw Mrs. Giovanni having breakfast.

"Good morning Sarah." And she only replied to my greeting with a nod. That was odd on a normal day she would give me a response not thinking much into it, I sat down and started with breakfast. Luca and Gabriel walked in a tad bit later, they both sat down where they normally did sit which was side by side but opposite from me.