15. convinced

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

EVAN WOLFE

Neither Caleb or I wanted to leave each other this morning, it was tough.

Caleb kisses me long and hard before he opens up the taxi door that he ordered me. "I'll see you soon pups," he says softly as I slip into the back seat.

I smile at him as he closes the door behind me. "Goodbye Caleb," I say as the taxi drives away.

My eyes instantly look down to my lap as I think about our night together, it was magical. Everything I have ever wanted with him, his whole attention given to me.

Before we left he asked if we could keep what happened to ourselves, of course his words hurt me but he explained he needed some time to sort stuff out. I presumed he meant with his dad and instead of arguing I decided to just accept it. Just as long as he didn't go back to acting like I never existed then I could compromise.

He promised he would never treat me like he had before again and a part of me believed him. At the same time a part of me worried that he was easily going to slip back into his old ways.

I prayed in my head over and over that he wouldn't because it might just kill me.

When the taxi pulls up outside our pack house, Caleb had already prepaid the journey which I was grateful for considering I never have any money.

I enter through the front door and I instantly hear a scurry from the kitchen out into the hall. Ava's eyes notice me and she lets out a deep relieved sigh. Oh shit, I had completely forgotten about telling anyone where I was.

"Where in the world were you last night?!" Ava yells as she storms right up to me.

My voice gets caught in my throat as I watch her worried expression. "I tried mindlinking you but every time it just felt like it was being blocked! No one knew where you were. I was fucking worried si—" she stops directly in front of me and inhaled a deep breath.

She stares me directly in the eye. "You were with him," she states. "Oh my God Evan, you absolutely reek of him." Ava grabs my arm and pulls me into the downstairs bathroom.

Once the door is shut she stands in front of me with her hands on her hips, she's giving me that look.

"So you were with Caleb and didn't even have the decency to let me know you were okay?" Ava's eyebrow flexes.

"I'm sorry," I say sincerely. "I was just distracted, I never meant to worry you."

Ava chews the inside of her mouth and narrows her eyes at me. "You need to wash right now if you don't want anyone to smell you," she points an accusing finger at me.

I nod. "I will,"

"So?" Ava says.

"So?" I repeat.

She sighs at me. "So what the hell happened between you two?"

I shrug at her. "We stayed the night together, he admitted how wrong he's been towards me and he wants to work on things. But it still needs to be kept a secret."