Chapter 12

JISOO

You wake up in a fine morning. You drink your coffee. You read your newspaper. You are ready to go to work and start your day.. But do you know what is going to happen? Are you prepared for what is going to follow? Not really..

Jennie woke up Ella. She had her breakfast and we took her at her school. We said our goodbyes and for her to have a beautiful day.. Everything good till now..

Jennie seemed a little bit off. She would stay home all alone. I told her to feel like it was her place but that didn't make her feel any better. I might be wrong but I think she was acting like this because these last couple of days she had Ella all day with her and I want to think that she felt that way for me too. But again, Jennie would never let me know..

"What time are you coming back from work?"

"Usually I come late. Round 10pm."

"I am going to take a taxi and pick up Ella from school."

"No. You won't do that. I will go and pick her up. Okay?"

"But Jisoo, your work. I want to be able to do something. This whole thing just is driving me crazy. I can't stay home all day and do nothing. I want to go back to my work."

"Jennie, just, let someone else take care of you for one time. Okay? I am going to take an hour from work and go and pick up Ella and I am going to tell them that these couple of days my program is going to change. Okay? Everything is going to be fine."

"I mean it. Do you have a twin or something? Because the person I see right in front of me it has nothing to do with the person I was seeing every day."

"You don't know me Jennie. You just made an assumption of who I was. Don't judge someone from their looks. You don't know what is going on in their life. Maybe I didn't want to be the bitch you told me I was. Maybe I was shy to talk and that was my defense."

"I see.. You were shy to talk to me Jisoo?"

"Ehm.. we are here.. Let me help you."

I opened the door and got out. I wouldn't answer to her question. Especially right now. Although it was true. I was shy because I was never interesting to meet someone and talk to them like I was with Jennie.

"Okay. Do you need anything before I leave? My phone number is over there. If you need anything just call me right away. Ok? And don't even think to do something that requires both your legs. Just sit down and watch some tv. Ok?"

"Yes, mistress. Whatever you say."

"I mean it Jennie. Now I am going. I am going to bring Ella home at 4pm and I will see you later tonight. Bye."

"Bye bye."

It's been exactly four days that Jennie and Ella were living with me. It's been four days that Jennie somehow became a friend of mine and all fits so natural. It is that click you hear every now and then when two people meet.

I was at work at 9.15. I was never late. But considering it was my first time that I did maybe they would let it slip. When I got to my office, Bona, my assistant, greeted me right away with today's appointments and why on earth I was late.

"Ms. Kim, I thought that something happened. Are you okay?"

"Yes, Bona. I am fine. What are my appointments for today?"

"Mrs Rodriguez at 10. A meeting at 11.30. Another meeting at 1.30pm. Then you have Mr. Troy at 3pm."

"Cancel Mr. Troy or rearrange the appointment for another day or another hour. I have to leave at 2.45pm so if you see that I am still here remind me that. Do you have my coffee inside?"