Chapter 38 Long Game

"Table for six please " Dad said while the waiter escorted us to a booth.

"What a ceremony ! Almost brought me to tears !" Aunt Tanya said .

"What are you saying Tanya ? It DID bring me to tears!" Melody said while everyone around the table joined into the joyous laughter. 

"So Logan, have you looked at any college's yet ?" Dad said while the waiter handed our food to us.

"Actually yes . I've been accepted to two schools and I'm pretty set on my decision on what I'm going to choose. " He said , taking a bite from his steak.

"Wow ! That's great. Congratulations.  You know , Amaya was also Accepted into two but ended up going with Berkeley . Of course the one that's all the way across the country but it's an opportunity we couldn't give up. The full ride , scholarship and housing . But you were saying , which are you considering? " Dad said , finally giving Logan a chance to talk too which I was grateful for. I didn't want to come off bragging or boasting because that was not what my dad was trying to do I'm sure.

"That's funny sir " Logan said , glacing at me first making me slightly confused as to why "because I got accepted into Brown AND Berkeley too. " He said with a smile , looking at me again.

"Well I'm mighty impressed young man I gotta say . " Dad said, putting his utensils down and getting more interested in the conversation.

"Thank you sir ."

"And might I ask which one you're considering ? Or decided on ?"

He didn't glance my way this time. I waited for him to smirk or smile at me like he did before. But this time he didn't even as much as looked in my direction. He just solely focused himself and his attention on my father.

"It was a very difficult decision sir and not one I made lightly. Both offered me a great deal but I knew there was only one that brought  something special to the table. SOMEONE special. " and that's when he looked at me. " I've decided on Berkeley because it's where the love of my life is going. Brown may have given me a full scholarship but it didn't have Amaya . Sir , I need you to understand that I love your daughter and that I will do anything in my power to protect and care for her all the way across the country.  I have a great deal of respect for you and your wife sir and will never do anything to hinder your trust. I will be in my own dorm across campus along with the rest of the other guys. So I don't want you getting the wrong impression of me here sir. I won't even as much as set fo-"

"Logan , you can stop trying to convince me boy. " Dad said raising his hand to stop Logan from talking.

"Excuse me sir ?" Logan said taken back and a little confused. I was too since I thought it was very noble of Logan to take me as his responsibility so far from home.

"I've known you for what ? Half a year now ? Logan I've seen you turn your life around. I've seen the person you WERE and the person you became. I have no doubt that you will do any less in taking care of my daughter but I need to know one thing ,"

"Anything sir ."

"Are you in this for the long run ? Because if you're not I have to advise you to not set false expectations for my daughter you're not planning on meeting ."

The table fell silient after that . A conversation that should've been privately handled between the two of them of course became an awkward group discussion. It was something that needed to be talked about and was very important if he planned on studying with me that much I knew and understood. But why it had to be in the middle of a restaurant with the family around the table,  I couldn't quite wrap my head around.

"Melody , Tanya , want to go look at the desserts ?" Mom suggested while the women followed her to the back. I was glad that they didn't take offense but rather understood the privacy of the matter.  I was about to follow them too , to which my dad instructed me to stay seated with his eyes.

"So ? What will it be son ? I need to say that you're a really nice kid Logan but if you want out, now's your chance." I've never seen my dad this serious and I didn't quite know how to react or if there was something I should say or not.

I watched Logan as I was sure he was contemplating all of his options before his gaze fixated on my dad again.

"It's a no brainer sir. I don't even have to think about it. Sure , I'll be giving up a full scholarship at Brown and I'll probably have to get a job or two when I attend Berkeley, but leaving Amaya is not even something I have to think twice about. I don't know how or why , but somehow I know I'm going to marry this girl even if she doesn't see it yet. So sir I can assure you , I'm in it for the long run. " he said making me quickly shift my gaze towards my dad.

"That's all I needed to hear. " Dad said without any emotion.

"What does that mean dad ?" I asked the burning question on Logan's mind.

"It means ; I approve. But know this,  I'll be holding you accountable to your promises Logan. Don't think just because the two of you are across the country and away from my burning gaze that I WON'T know what's going on. You're a man of God now and I expect you to remember that Logan."

"Of course sir. Thank you sir. " Logan said with a smile while our mother's and Aunt Tanya returned with cake.

"So ? What happend ? Are they still a thing or not ?" Aunt Tanya asked curious while my mom lightly scolded her for being so nosy.

"We're a thing Aunt Tanya. " I said laughing while she cheered and handed our cake to us.

After that extremely heavy conversation I was glad to go back to the light conversation about less important things, laughing and enjoying ourselves while the night whined down and came to an end. 

Only a few more chapters left 😭😭😭 I'm getting all emotional!?!?!?!? I hope you enjoyed one of the greats . Thank you so much for reading, remember to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Until next time, keep howling my wolves ❤🐺

And a very HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!?!?!? 🎉🎉🎉 MAY 2020 BE FILLED WITH LOVE , JOY AND BLESSINGS FOR YOU ALL✨❇🎇