•⊱•••• 1 ••••⊰•

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The familiar sound of the alarm blared once again waking San from his slumber. San, eyes still closed, stuck his out trying to find the button, slapping away at all the items on his side table until his finger finally found the button to make the incessant sound stop.

San yawned, stretching his arms high above his head. There was a small amount of pressure on his chest and San finally opened his eyes.

"Good morning Shiber" San said to his velvet soft, caramel and white coloured shiba inu, who currently had his little paws pushing into Sans stomach.

Shiber is San's favourite little furry companion, and Shiber is always there when he wakes up to greet him every morning. San had adopted him from the shelter as soon as he moved into his townhouse rental so he wouldn't feel so alone.

San had been living overseas for most of his later teen and young adult life, but about a 2 months ago moved back to his home country and home town.

It felt good to be home, the familiar sights and smells just like he remembered from his younger years. Unfortunately the people weren't the same though, all the people he used to know had grown up and moved on.

He had no way of contacting those people, and in real honesty, no real desire to contact them either. They were all just high school friends that San didn't know long enough to care about.

San had met new people at his new job as a teacher at KQ High that he was acquainted with, but he didn't know them well enough to see them out of work hours yet. At the moment they were purely just people he knew and worked alongside, he'd barely been working there a month.

San for all intents and purposes was alone. He had no genuine friends to keep him company. The type of friends that you can always go to for support and know will be with you forever.

There was one person that San knew that would solve his loneliness if he were to find him. Someone he would love to see, would literally die to see, but San had absolutely no idea where to even start if he were to try and find him.

All in all, it was pretty much San and Shiber 24/7, and with Valentine's Day coming up he was glad that he had at least one creature who cared about him and made his life a whole lot less lonely.

San gave the small dog a scratch on his head and Shiber gave San his best puppy eyes as he rested his head on Sans chest and his small pink tongue blepped out of his mouth.

"You hungry Shibs?"

The small dog lifted his head and made a little howling arrroOooh sound, his way of saying yes.

San got up, putting an over sized light blue hoodie on since the morning was a bit fresh, and all he had on was his shorts. He slipped his slippers on and shuffled, still yawning and stretching to the kitchen, Shiber happily bouncing beside him.

San filled up Shiber's bowl with food and topped up his water. San crouched down and stuck out his hand, Shiber sat on his butt and put his paw in San's hand. San shook it and then put both bowls he was balancing on one arm back down.

"Good boy" San said, giving Shiber a final scratch before standing up and leaving him to eat.

San followed his usual routine.

Every morning he got up, fed Shiber, ate breakfast, got dressed in his jogging gear and took Shiber for a run.

The townhouse San lived in had a small backyard, just enough space for Shiber, but it was still a very small space and San didn't like that the small dog was cooped up there all day.