Twenty Five: The Ball 1

I was reading a book up in my room when I heard the voice. There was something about it that made me drawn to it, that made me want to see who the owner of this voice was.

So I placed my book down and decended the stairs in search of this mystrey person.

It wasn't until I went into one of the many side rooms of the house that I found someone I had never seen before sitting at a desk, a suitcase by her side and a glass of wine in her hand.

"I made it very clear I wanted no visitors today." The voice that had drawn me away from my room spoke, it was so harsh and cold but at the same time there was something to warm and sweet to it.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware." I stumbled on my words, very much aware of the woman's high status and of the authority that she held.

She stayed silent and just as I was about to leave, I did the one thing I was good at- using my big mouth at inappropriate times.

"I'm guessing you're staying here from that big suitcase you have there. I'm Arabella...Princess Arabella apparently. If you need showing around I can help you out." I said the words so quickly I wasn't too sure she could understand what I was saying.

However, when she jumped out of her chair and turned around to face me I knew she had heard me.

I also knew who she was.

Her blond hair matched mine and she also had the same beauty spot as me under her right eye. Her eyes were the prettiest shade of green I had ever seen, almost identical to my own except hers had a beautiful sparkle to them.

"Arabella." She breathed my name as if it were the cure to her pain. As if my name alone was the answers to her prayers.

"Mum?" I said, my voice shaking with the word most children would say one hundred times a day.

A word i had hardly said in my whole life.

"Oh Arabella!" She rushed towards me, grabbing me in a bone crushing hug, that i was more than happy to recive and hoped for more of in the future.

In less that three seconds she was hysterically crying. Mumbling words I couldn't understand, kissing every inch of my face and squeezing me tighter with every sob.

"I don't understand. Why are you here? Is something wrong? Did something happen? Are you okay? You look so beautiful darling. I'm so sorry I was never there for you. Have you been okay with Archie? How have his nephews' been treating you? Have you met Marcus yet? I'm guessing you have, I know that boy has waiting his whole life to finally have you in his arms. I love you." She asked me question after question, saying the whole thing in less than ten seconds

"My dad said you knew I was here, that you were sorting some things out and would be home as soon as you could." I answered her first question as to why I was here "I'm here because Archie's nephews kidnapped me but that's old news now and then my dad came to find me and took me here, Dylan is here too she's lovely."

My mothers face went red "Your father is a complete imbecile." She roared "I had no idea you were here. If I did I would have been home as soon as possible!"

"It's okay I don't mind really." I stuttered a little scared in her change of attitude all of a sudden.

She mumbled some words under her breath and in a matter of seconds my father was standing in the same room as us.

He looked around quickly and scolded when he saw my mother 'Elizabeth how many times do I have to tell you I hate it when you transport me!" My father whined in a child like way.