Chapter 5

"Fine, but first let me just say this, we are the youngest of the family, we are the tripod that holds everyone up so we need to support each other and have each others backs. So anything I tell you right now you can't freak out and tell the others okay?" I said nervously and they reluctantly nodded.

"It all started while I was waiting for Lexi to be done dancing with this guy," Joseph stiffened as I said that, "She wasn't gonna be done anytime soon so I went to the kitchen to get a drink, and this guy started talking to me on my way there."

"That's when you should have got me!" Melvin interrupted.

"Well I wasn't thinking, anyway I tried to avoid him by getting a drink but he insisted he tag along." I continued.

"Lydia what were you thinking?" Melvin whisper yelled.

"I don't know okay! Let me finish." I groaned.

"Okay, hurry up." He urged. Suddenly Marcus walked in groggily.

"Mmm," He muttered rubbing his eyes. He came and lied on my bed next to Joseph.

"This is not a slumber party!" I hissed, overwhelmed by the three big bodies occupying my small room.

"Keep going Lydia," Melvin instructed.

"I'm gonna yak," Marcus moaned, his eyes closed. I quickly grabbed my trash can and shoved it in his face while Joseph rubbed his back soothingly.

"So he didn't get the hint, but I needed some air so he came with me," I continued, only lying a little bit. Marcus was too drunk and nauseas to hear anything we were saying.

"Are you out of your mind? Lydia who the hell is this guy? I have to go tell Leo." Melvin shouted angrily clenching his fists and making his way to the door. I quickly jumped up in front of him and Joseph grabbed his arm.

"Melvin relax," Joseph said.

"You promised!" I pleaded.

"What the hell Lydia!" He shouted but stepped back a little.

"It's honestly not a big deal, we went outside he asked me about my classes and I wanted to go back inside so I did. Ronnie opened the door before I could, and he saw and jumped to conclusions. I swear nothing happened," The words were spilling out quickly now, I was afraid he was going to break my wall, or even worse, go downstairs and tell Leo.

"Is that all that happened?" Melvin asked slowly, trying to calm himself down.

"Yes, I swear Melvin," I said frantically, I wasn't sure if he was under control yet.

"Lydia you know you shouldn't be talking to guys alone." He spit out through clenched teeth. Joseph sat back down, angry but tired.

"I know, I know I'm sorry I was just drunk and stupid and I know that doesn't matter but I'm sorry." I said on the verge of tears.

"You shouldn't even have been drinking," He said, more to himself than me.

"I know," I said softly. It was true, I was too young for that stuff, it was irresponsible.

"No more drinking." He said firmly, I expected as much.

"Okay," I agreed, "Just please don't tell Marcus, or any of the others."

"I won't Lydia." He sighed, and stepped forward, hugging me. I hugged him back.

"I'm sorry," I whispered against his chest.

"I know loser." He laughed.

We pulled apart and looked to my bed, Marcus was asleep still holding my trash can as if it was a life preserve. Joseph had also fallen asleep during our discussion.