Scavengers

Season 7, episode 4.

Words: 2,8K

Kai, Cole, Jay and Y/n, well Y/n not really, are training outside the Temple of Airjitzu. Kai is, literally, destroying the sparring bots, and Jay and Cole are training together. Y/n is waiting for news about Master Wu, which Lloyd would go to.

"Zane is down. Folks disappearing all over town, and we can't do a thing to help! If we just knew why Acronix and Krux are taking people." Cole said, punching the mittens Jay was wearing.

"You know, my theory-" Jay got cut off by the earth ninja.

"For the last time, they are not hostages."

"How can you be sure?" Jay asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No ransom note."

"Maybe they're gonna hypnotize them into being an army?" Jay questioned.

"Krux and Acronix already have an army. Of Samurai snakes." Cole replied, grunting as he punched the boxing gloves of Jay.

"Well, you know my other theories-"

"Do not say alien abductions again, or dimensional rifts, or elfin magic portals!" Cole grunted again, and hee uses his earth pucnh, hurling Jay in the air. The Master of Earth quickly ran to Jay, concerned.

"Sorry. It's just...I'm tired of speculating. We need to take action!" He retorted, then turned to Y/n. "Right, Y/n?" 

She just shrugged in reply, pointing at the fire ninja. Cole noticed what she meant and turned to him.

"Kai? You okay? You haven't been the same since you squared off against Krux. Did...did he do something?" Cole questioned, and Kai paused his fight against the sparring bots.

"More like said something." The Master of Fire muttered, "No, Nothing. I'm fine." He said to Cole, slightly smiling.

"Good, 'cause I was just saying it's time to stop guessing and to start fighting!" Cole replied, and Y/n walked up to them

"So you're saying we capture one of those snake guys and bring them back here for Wu to question?" Kai asked, grinning.

"I just want to fight somebody. But okay, we could do that too." Cole replied, shrugging.

Lloyd walked out of the Temple, "That plan won't work."

"Why not?" Y/n asked.

"Because Master Wu still hasn't recovered from his battle with Acronix. He rambles. He passes out. I think he's a lot more hurt than he lets on." The Green Ninja answered, and reached the four.

"Oh, great! All this and now we have no leader, either?" Kai exclaimed.

Lloyd awkwardly looked at the ground, "Uh, that's not exactly true. Ahem! With Wu out of commission, the, um...logical successor would be, uh..."

"The Green Ninja." Cole finished.

"Correct." Lloyd awkwardly replied.

"Uh, Master Lloyd?" Y/n asked, tilting her head and chuckling.

""Temporary Master Lloyd," you mean." Kai corrected.

""...in Training."" Jay added.

"Okay, Temporary Master Lloyd in Training, we mere Ninja await your words of wisdom. Which I assume involve kicking some butt till we get a few answers. Right?" Cole high-fives Jay, before he, Jay and Kai cheer and run past Lloyd.