Chapter 1

My name is Charlotte. I had long brown hair, brown eyes and was very small compared to my friends. I was 18 today. This was the day I would finally shift and meet my wolf.
I walked in from school and as my mum was putting a lasagna on the table. She smiled at me as she set the table and rushed into the study to find my father.
The three of us sat around the table eating in a comfortable silence. We were all looking forward to tonight.
I was the best fighter in our pack despite my age. Our alpha, Robert, had asked me to become the trainer for all the other young wolves once I shifted into my wolf and I was honoured.
Once we had eaten I cleared away the plates and went to my room. I quickly completed some homework I had that I wouldn't have time for later.
"Charlotte!" My mum called "come on it's time"
I packed away as fast as I could and ran downstairs. To say I was excited was an understatement. Not only was I going to shift and become our packs trainer, but I would be old enough to find my mate.
We went outside and into the woods where Alpha Robert was waiting. He smiled at me and gestures that I should stand in the centre of the clearing.
I obliged and turned to face my family and alpha. I didn't have to wait long before pain shot through my whole body. I crumpled to the ground screaming as I felt my bones break and move.
After what felt like forever the pain stopped and I pushed myself to my feet. All four of them. I had done it. I was a wolf.
I looked at my family and saw tears running down my mums face. I was confused but when I looked at my father he turned his back and walked away. I was so confused.
A huge growl broke the silence and I immediately bowed my head down to my alpha.
He muttered something to my mother before he yelled at me.
"You're shameful to the pack. You must be killed"
My eyes widened as he ran towards me and shifted into his dark brown wolf.