39.

Ryan

After the long night we had I woke up tangled in the sheets with Dave gone. I sat up holding onto the sheets, and that's when he came back to the room in his boxers. "Morning bae." he said heading to the bathroom. "Good morning. Is Kai up yet?" I asked getting up and slipping on my robe. "Nah she just went back to sleep." he said now brushing his teeth. He had took down the braids I did about a week ago, so I assumed it was wash day. He typically washes his hair in the shower and I braid it once he gets out but I guess today he wanted me to wash it. I gathered up all the sheets and headed downstairs up as to the laundry room. Once I got the washer started I made my way back upstairs, and he was now in the room picking out his outfit for the day. "Will you braid my hair before you start on yo day?" he asked tugging at his beard. "Yeah I can just lemme take a shower and I'll be ready." I said gathering my clothes for the day it was mid August so it was still hot outside. I started the shower and took off the robe before stepping in. I washed off last nights events and got out not wanting to keep him waiting. I got dressed in some sweats and a t shirt and made my way to where Dave was. He had already gotten the stuff together and was sitting in the floor. So I sat on the couch and repositioned him between my legs. Once I started it took about 20 minutes to finish and he was now in the mirror holding Kiari.
"You like it?" I asked picking up the comb and stuff that was on the couch.
He gave me this look as if I was asking a dumb question. "Kai your mama is asking silly questions knowing good and well she raw wit this." he said looking at a confused Kairi. I chuckled cause she really wasn't listening to what he was saying. She had this bad habit of ignoring one of us while we were talking to her. She wiggled out of his embrace and headed towards the refrigerator,"ma juice!" I looked over at her sitting in front of the refrigerator. I laughed cause this child was truly a character. I made my way to the kitchen and picked her up,"what do you say?" I asked opening up the refrigerator door. "pwease." she said struggling to get the word out correctly. I smiled and kissed her cheek,"good job!" I got the juice out and filled up her cup. Once I handed it to her she kissed my cheek, it was her way of saying thank you I guess. I sat her down and she ran to the living room. Dave turned on cartoons and
started gathering his things. "Where are you going? We were supposed to take Kai to the park later." I asked right before he made it to the door. "Trey wanted to meet up for lunch, ima be back by noon bae so don't even trip." he said pecking my lips before heading out. "Love you!" he called out from outside. "Love you too." I mumbled as the front door closed. I wasn't mad that he was going to lunch with his brother but he's been going out with Trey almost every other night or day and I was actually starting to get worried. I didn't think he was cheating on me but I was starting to think he went back to his street ways. I didn't mention it to him but the other day when I was driving his car I found a gun under the drivers seat. I wasn't sure how to confront him cause I was honestly afraid of what he would say, I mean this was the exact reason we left New York. The safety of Kairi is waaaay more important to me then this foolishness Trey has gotten him into. Not only that both of their asses are too old to still be running the streets. Dave just turned 29 a few weeks ago and Trey is almost in his mid 30s and I'm sure that Miss Pam wouldn't wanna hear that her sons are still running the streets. Over the course of the last few months me and her have gotten close but that grandmother of his, is still giving me hell. And at this point it doesn't even bother me anymore we've been dealing with each other for a little over 3 years now and I'm honestly over her and her attitude towards me. But I'm still gonna respect her cause at the end of the day I get my blessings for keeping everything cordial and not going back and forth. I refused to sit in the house today so I was gonna go do a little shopping with Kai until it's time for us to meet up at the park later. I made my upstairs to her room with her in my arms. I wasn't sure on what she should wear cause typically she kinda helps pick out her outfits but that take an hour at the least and I don't have time to wait. I put this pink adidas tracksuit on her and left her curls untamed since I washed it last night.

Dave

While I was on my way to meet Trey, I received a call from Aug who was still back in New York. "Wassup? What you got for me?" I said into the phone. "Nigga it was P, Heather's brother. He been looking for you, him and his boys is the one who ruined you and Ryan's engagement. Apparently he caught wind that you was in Atlanta and it's going around in the streets that he'll be paying you a visit soon." when those words left his mouth my thoughts instantly went to Ryan and Kairi and I whipped a U turn in the middle of the highway heading back to the crib. "Alright nigga, ima call you inna few." I said hanging up and speeding down the streets of Buckhead. I dialed Ry's number hoping she would answer. "Hello?" she said into the phone. "Ryan baby get Kairi and leave NOW."
"what's going on?" she asked as I heard shuffling in the background.
"I'll explain later just go-"
"Bae hold on theres somebody knocking on the door." my heart dropped.
"Ryan! DONT ANSWER IT!" I guess she couldn't hear me cause shortly after I heard her scream. I hung up the phone and ran at least 6 red-lights trying to make it home in time to save my family..

-
It's short ik, but chile just when we all thought the drama was over. & I'm having bad writers block.. idk I might published what I already have written and take a break.