𝐓𝐖𝐎.

"Bye sweetness! I'll see you Tuesday okay?"'Ari called as I walked out of the double doors

"Bye sweetness! I'll see you Tuesday okay?"'Ari called as I walked out of the double doors. I smiled and waved back at her, untying my apron as I exited. I had finally finished my 11 hour shift and I was more than ready to get to my apartment and sleep. It was hella hectic at Syd's today for whatever reason, and there were only two waitresses and a bitch was exhausted.

"Aye! Aye Luck!" I heard a voice call behind me. Before turning, I checked one of the rear view mirrors of the cars parallel parked on the side of the street I was waking on so I could see who was calling my name so boldly at 9:30 in the evening. Once I caught his reflection I sighed slightly, and turned on my heel.

"What? I know you see me walking home, Carlos," I replied with a roll of my eyes. Carlos was my boyfriend, until about six months ago. He was my first kiss, and I was considering letting him take my virginity until the dumb ass cheated on me. He did me grimy as hell and every time he sees me he tries to talk.

"I'm just tryna talk to you, Luck. What you doing tonight?" he stuffed his hands in his hoodie pockets looking me up and down. I used to always love the way he looked at me, with that little smirk on his face but now it made me wanna beat his ass.

"Sleeping," I answered simply, folding my arms across my chest.

"My nigga Tone having a lil kickback at his crib later, you should pull up," he shrugged. I literally had to fight back laughing at him.

"I gotta work tomorrow," I stated simply, turning back on my heel as I heard the bus rounding the corner. I heard him call something back to me but I tuned him out as I usually did when he did this. I didn't have time for his childish ass today or any other day.

Once the bus made it to my stop, I thanked the driver and got off, squinting my eyes as I approached my complex. I saw my landlord standing there, shaking his head. At first I thought he was waiting on me until I saw the yellow slip taped on my door, freezing me to my spot. I prayed it wasn't what I thought.

Once I finally worked up the nerve, my feet took me to my front door, an eviction notice staring me back in my face.

"I-I know I'm late sometimes b-but I always pay you, Jonesy..." I muttered, feeling myself becoming emotional.

"I can't do it no more. You ain't never on time, you short me every other month, you gotta go," he spat venomously.

"I'm nineteen! I was seventeen when I signed that lease and I told you! I told you I could barely make ends meet! You know how many hours I work to keep this shitty ass roof over my head?! Almost 100 hours. And you can't give me any grace?" I raised my voice slightly, which was completely abnormal for me, I hated being loud and drawing attention to myself but I was angry.

This apartment was all I had. No family, one friend, no boyfriend. I worked for this, it was something that I could actually call mine, and here his bitch ass was, ready to take it away from me.