Chapter 53: Gourmet Pyramid part 2

Now that the danger of Desert Sharks had been dealt with, the group carried on with their journey to the Gourmet Pyramid. At first, it was the scouring rays of the sun they had to worry about. It was almost unbearable for them if it wasn't for the camels. Sarafina was fairing better than them but she was more worried about Kururu. Being an ice-based creature, this level of heat was no less than torturous for her. Sarafina made sure that her kitten was covered by layers of cloth so Kururu may freeze herself to keep herself refreshed. But it wasn't just the blazing heat. The group had to venture through sandstorms and whirlwind. It wasn't the same than going up the Sky Plant but it was a close second.

Eventually, they made it through all that and when nightfall came, they decided it would be best to set up camp and continue on till morning. After snagging a nearby beast they had food to fill the hunter and ex-convict bottomless stomachs. It was quiet for the most part and Sarafina was grateful for that. Still... Her hand trailed across the smooth sand. She lifted a small portion of it, allowing it to flow freely between her fingers. As fun as this mission was, this sand wasn't making things easy for her. Soon, after everyone ate, the group headed inside the tent to get some sleep. Except for her.

Sarafina stood by the campfire and closed her eye. She swept her feet across the sand and moved her arms. Letting out a small portion of her powers to create a sound wave at the surrounding area. But, as expected, she found nothing. She let out a dejected sigh at that. She brushed a stay lock of hair from her face and opened her eye.

'You have something you wish to say, Toriko?'

Sarafina turned her head to face a surprised blue-haired hunter who was standing in the entryway of the tent. Sarafina smiled and shook her head. She brought a finger to her lips. 'Careful. Zebra has Hell Ears remember? It's easier to speak this way without getting him involved.' She tells him as she communicates with him through telepathy. Toriko blinked in surprised before letting out a chuckle in his mind as he walked over to her.

'Is that part of your abilities?' He asked.

'Yes, of course, I'm a bit out of practice since I never saw much use for it. Now then, what do you want to say?' Sarafina asked, turning her gaze away from him.

Toriko sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck. 'Are you still mad at me..? Look, I don't know what I did this time but...'

'It's alright. After doing some thinking, it was foolish of me to be upset and it wasn't entirely your fault. But still... to hear you swoon over another woman the way you did with Warden Love like that...I guess...I felt a little jealous.' Sarafina said.

'Wha-?! Ah, y-yeah, I guess I can see why you would be upset.' Toriko said. Aw geez, no wonder she looked like she was ready to rip his head off. He had told Sarafina that he had loved her and how he was going to stay by her side. And then to have to hear him go gaga over an "attractive" woman so easily, that would leave her with insecurities. Especially since...well. Toriko went to her side and wrapped his arms around her, bringing her close. She wasn't pulling away, so that's a good sign. 'I'm sorry.'

'I know you are. But I forgive you. I'm sorry you have to deal with me.'

'You're still the one I want. And I wouldn't trade you for anything else.'

Sarafina reached up and held his arms. Spreading a small smile as she leaned against him. 'Thank you...' They stood there for a moment of silence. Holding each other close and savouring each other's warmth. Soon they pulled away and began to walk back to the tent when Sarafina suddenly felt a small rush of fatigue and almost fell to the ground if Toriko hadn't caught her in time. 'Sarafina!'