Caught! And secrets revealed!

Chapter 9 - recap

He glanced over his shoulder at me, and when he caught sight of my face and how red it was he turned and came back. He stopped right in front of me and said, "The outcome of this game has a lot more riding on it than just the championship for me,"

"I have only ever given that to two people, and I love them both. They are Wendy and now you," he tells me.

I can't speak when we hear a buzzer. "I have to go," Natsu says giving me a kiss on the forehead. My memory from the hospital and what I had just felt were similar sensations. I freeze but Natsu runs back to the gym.

• * •

Chapter 10 - Caught! And secrets revealed!

I slowly make my way back to the gym, keeping the jacket on my shoulders. I sit back down in my place on the bleachers. I glance over at Lisanna only to see her glaring in my direction. Then as Natsu scored the glare instantly changed to a grinning face, cheering for the team. I shook my head. What a fake, how has Natsu not seen it yet? I mean I know he can be a dense idiot sometimes... But to go this long...

"Whatever, it's his choice," I murmur to myself before turning my attention back to the game. Natsu and Gray scored countless times- competing with each other more than the other team. I kept a firm grip on his jacket. The warmth of it surprised me, but I welcomed it. I looked up at the game as the clock ticked down, Fairy Tail 34, West Hargeon 32. Natsu scored another two points securing the win and the buzzer went off. Fairy Tail made it to the Finals.

Lisanna grinned and turned to the team, where the guys where all chering together. Then the girlfriends of players, Levy, Erza, and Juvia among them hugged and kissed their boyfriends. Lisanna went up to Natsu but he ignored her. He looked right at me and walked my direction. I stood up, somewhat confused. Maybe he wanted the jacket..?Then he grinned when he reached me, and engulfed me in a giant hug. I was surprised for a second but then I hugged him back.

He kissed the top of my head, "Hey I have to go change, meet me outside of the lockeroom?" He asked.

I nod and he lets go of me. He doesn't take the jacket so I keep it on, slipping my arms into it. I roam the halls as the crowd thins as people head home. Then I heard soft voices come from down a darker hallway. I head down it to try and see who all was there. I grew closer and the voices turned to moans, so I grew cautious. I looked around a corner and saw Lisanna and Sting making out in a classroom.

I covered my mouth to hide my gasp. I backed away, running into a door pole in the process. I wince in pain but I turn and take off down the hallway. I hear the rest of the guys come out of the locker room, all of them being as loud as ever.

Natsu catches sight of me and grins, "Hey Luce," he waves me over.

I glance behind me back in the direction of Lisanna and Sting. I almost want to just have Natsu discover them himself. I sigh and walk over to Natsu deciding to just tell him later.

"Are you okay Lucy? You look pale," Natsu looked me concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine... But we need to talk about something really important as soon as we get home okay?" I look him in the eye when I say the last part.

He nods, "Okay, just let me grab my stuff," he heads back to the gym.

"Don't get distracted!" I call out, knowing he would anyway.

"Then you can't be here," he turns and says to me.

I stare at him confused. "What? Why?"

He grins, "Your beauty is very distracting from my task at hand."

I glare at him as I blush despite my attempts not to, "Shut up!" I yell at him, "Just get your stuff you idiot..." I murmur the last part.

He smiles triumphantly and heads to get his stuff. I grin as an idea crosses my mind. I take off down the hall towards the door, and when Natsu steps out and catches sight of me an evil grin crosses his face as I laugh and burst through the doors. I glance back at him before running down the street. I can hear him behind me as I swerve off into the park. The thunk of his bag hitting the ground resonated behind me and I tried to run faster.

I was suddenly grabbed up, causing me to let out a squeal. "Gotcha," I hear Natsu snicker. He keeps a firm hold of me as I squirm around.

"Natsu!" I gasp. He had turned me around and had me pinned to him.

"Lucy, I told you I had a lot riding on this game, didn't I?" He asked.

I nod slowly. He gives a weak smile, "Well, I've been considering dumping Lisanna... to date someone else."

My heart flutters. Who could that someone else be? It wouldn't be...me...would it?

"And this game was going to decide what choice I made. If we lost, I'd stay with Lis. If we won I would go out with the other girl." His smile grows.

"Who's... the other girl?" I ask hesitantly.

Natsu closes his eyes and laughs softly. When he opens his eyes he stares at mine, all seriousness having settled over him. His hand reaches up and he brushes my bangs back, resting his hand on my cheek. A soft brushing of red tints my cheeks.

"Natsu... Is it-" I am cut off when he suddenly presses his lips to mine. My eyes widen in initial shock but I eventually lean into it. We pull apart and he rests his forehead on mine.

"It's you Luce," he sighs.

"Yeah, it is." I giggle.

"So, Mrs. Dragneel, what was it that you had to tell me?" He questioned, his eyes curious.

"Well, I saw Lisanna and Sting making out in a Biology classroom," I tell him.

He shakes his head, "I knew that bitch was cheating on me..."

"Hey," I wrap my arms around him, "Levy saw her another time... I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I apologize.

"Luce it's alright," he assured me.

I shiver as chills run down my spine. I pull his jacket closer around me. "Let's get you home Lucy," Natsu says kissing the top of my head. We walk back home after picking his bag back up, hand in hand.

• * •

Chapter 11 - Lisanna's surprise and Lucy's Triumph! - preview

I laughed as Natsu picked me up and kissed me. I ran my hands through his pink hair, happy to finally be his. Wendy opened the door and dropped her bag. Then she squealed and ran over to me and enveloped me in a giant hug.

"Finally!" She gasped, "Natsu finally opened his eyes."

I hug her back. "Yeah, he did," I smile.

He leans over Wendy and kisses me. "Hey! Little girl down here!" She cried.

"Oops! Sorry Wendy!" We laugh.