Chapter Ten

You couldn't remember what happened afterward. All you really remembered was blood. Lots of blood, and your screams.
You now sit next to Mike at a hospital. The animatronics attacked him pretty bad.
He had bandages nearly all over himself, mainly around his torso and neck, the two places they'd gone for first.
He's very lucky to be alive.
It was also very convenient to have a knife on you when you'd gone to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. You'd used it to escape from the arms of Chica, who took you away from Mike in the first place. Then, there was Freddy, the one who lunged for Mike.
After you'd escaped from Chica, you'd taken a hammer lying in the corner of the stage along with screws and materials lied out, in case an animatronic needed to be fixed quickly.
But you'd grabbed that hammer and went crazy, and started hitting anyone who came near you or Mike with it. You'd hit Freddy the most, who wouldn't back off. He kept trying to attack, which resulted in a good sized dent in his head.
Soon enough, they'd all backed off.
You still have that hammer.
It was in Mike's car, the car you ran to when the animatronics tried to apologise and reason with you. You wouldn't listen to them, and called 911.
Yes, you did get in trouble for being in a place closed for police investigation, but after making up a lie that you'd left your stuff there from the last time you were there for your job, they let you off the hook.
You blamed yourself for what happened, and the conversation kept replaying itself in your head.
"Not today, okay?" He had sounded a bit annoyed.
"Tomorrow?" You'd asked, knowing his answer.
"Alright, tomorrow."
You painfully remembered how you'd continuously begged, and hit yourself. Stupid, stupid, stupid!
You looked at him, sleeping. He was given many anaesthetics to keep him asleep while the doctors gave him stitches. They said that if you had waited even a fraction of a second longer to take action, he may not have lived. One more attack, and he would be dead.
But he was alive, in this hospital bed, next to you.
You realised you were crying.
You grabbed his hand and looked down, shutting your eyes. Sobs shook your shoulders violently as you cried.
"Miss (F/N)?" A nurse peered into the room.
You looked up, and immediately forced yourself to stop crying. "Yes?"
"Sorry to interrupt, but we have a police out here who would like to ask you a few questions," she stated, holding the door open for you.
You wiped your eyes with the back of your hand, and glanced at Mike one last time before going into the hospital hallway, where you were directed into an empty room across the hall.
Upon entering, you noticed it looked a lot like the other rooms. There was a policeman sitting on a black stool beside an unused hospital bed.
"Hello, are you Miss (F/N)?" He asked, getting out a notepad.
You nodded and stood in the centre of the room.
"Alright, I need to ask you a couple of questions," he said, looking at you.
"First of all, what were you doing in Freddy Fazbear's Pizza when there were clearly police lines stating not to cross?"
You shifted. "I went back with him because I had left my bag there. I used to work nightshifts, so I left a bag in the office where I work so I wouldn't have to tote it back and forth. It had protein bars and energy drinks in it," you lied.
"Alright," he wrote something down in his notepad. "What is your relationship with Mike Schmidt?"
"We're good friends," you stated. Well, it was the truth.
"How exactly did Mike get injured? Do you know it remember?"
You sat down on another small stool, and dragged it to where you previously stood. "Yes. The animatronic have a free-roam mode, do you know that?"
The officer nodded.
"Well, Mike told me he turned them back on seeing they were powered off when we went there. He wanted to see if they still work. I came back from getting my bag and went onto the show stage, to see if they did." You cleared your throat. "Well, when I did, the animatronics eyes all went black and they grabbed me, and started apologising and saying they didn't mean it. Then they let me go and I ran over to Mike. Then they pulled me away and I saw one lunge for Mike, but I couldn't do anything because they restrained me. All I remember after that is grabbing a hammer and going at them for what they did..." You trailed off.
"The animatronics said they didn't mean it. Didn't mean what, exactly?" The officer questioned, writing more in the notepad.
"I have no idea," you lied. You knew that the animatronics said they didn't mean to kill the five missing children, but you doubted that they didn't mean it.
"Alright. And one last question," he glanced up at you barely while writing.
"Did you know any of the five children that went missing?"
You swallowed. "Well, there was this girl, I never knew her name. But one time at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, she teased me and I just smiled and left. She had light brown braided hair, and she was wearing a green dress with flowers. She had blue eyes," you recalled.
"Alright, that's all we need to know for now. If we have any other questions we will ask you." He then handed you a box of tissues from a table.
You blew your nose. It was hard to keep from crying during that talk. "Thank you," you thanked and left.
You immediately went back into the room with Mike.
There was a different nurse in there, looking on screen of a computer which was hooked up to tons of wires. Those wires were attached to Mike.
"What are you doing?" You asked curiously.
She didn't even glance at you. "I'm monitoring his vital signs. The top red one is his heart beat, the middle green one is his blood pressure, and the last purple one is his brain activity," she pointed the the screen which had 3 different colour lines going across it, all of the lines had different sized waves.
You cautiously sat back in the chair you were previously in, hoping he would be alright.
Your mind wandered onto the animatronics. How could you have possibly liked them at a time? It seemed absolutely impossible now. You weren't sure you could ever forgive them, or even somewhat like them. They could all go to a scrapyard right now for all you cared.
You wondered where Foxy was earlier today when the incident happened. He hadn't shown up the entire time Mike had been attacked. You hadn't seen him at all that day.
You wondered if he was the one who put the hammer there, or if it was repair men after it had closed. The hammer and screws definitely weren't there before the murder.
You thought hard. Maybe he was repaying you for comforting him? But then again, it couldn't have been him. He may or may not have put it there.
You looked up in surprise as you felt someone squeeze your hand gently.
Mike smiled weakly at you from the hospital bed.
"Mike, you're alright!" You nearly yelled, smiling. You wanted to hug him so much, but didn't, because you didn't want to hurt him.
"I'm glad you definitely are," he smiled back, even though he looked very tired.
"I...thank you, (F/N)," he said. He wanted to explain how thankful he was to you, how you had practically saved his life. But he was too weak to say all of that, so he said those two simple words.
"It's alright, it was no problem. I'm just glad you're okay," your voice wavered a bit, and you felt like you were going to cry.
Mike reached his hand up and pointed to the necklace he gave you. "You're wearing it?"
"Of course, I've worn it every day since you've given it to me," you smiled, a tear slipping out of your eye.
You felt a tap on your shoulder.
"Miss? Visiting time is over. You need to say goodbye and leave for the night," a nurse said before leaving.
"Oh man, right when you woke up.." You said sadly.
"It's alright, you can come back tomorrow," Mike replied, equally as sad.
You both sat in silence for a minute.
"(F/N)?" Mike said, looking up at your now standing form.
"Huh?" You looked back at him. "I love you," he smiled and blushed slightly.
You were a bit surprised, as you hadn't expected him to say that.
"I love you too," you replied from instinct. You weren't too sure if you had a crush on him right now, especially after what happened. You were sure of one thing though: he did have a special place in your heart.