Chapter 44: Times Square Part 2

D Y L A N

"Dude, do you remember that one time where we almost got killed?" Taylor told Jayden, laughing hysterically. "The one with the zip line!"

"You do realize I lost my memory, right?" Jayden said, laughing. "Oh— wait, was it that time where we were riding it and then the cables snapped?"

Taylor nodded, smiling. "We almost died, remember? We got stuck in the middle of the ride and our cable snapped and we dropped, but the safety cable caught us."

Jayden sighed, grinning. "And then it took them an hour to get us down. We literally dropped 15 feet, I thought I was actually going to die."

"Can you guys... open the door?" I asked, gripping onto my backpack strap. "I kinda want to go in. I can't get mine because I don't have any hands."

Owen slung his arm around me. "Yeah, you guys can stop chatting, I'm sick of it, right, Dylan?"

Jayden turned to me. "Oh, yeah. Sorry, haha."

He opened the door with his key. Inside was a beautiful room that basically looked like the inside of a house.

"Yo, this is lit," Owen said, running inside. He threw his bag onto the ground and jumped onto the couch.

"Is he always like that?" Taylor asked Jayden.

Jayden modded. "Basically."

Taylor was.... he was okay. He and Jayden seemed really close. He was the one that kissed Evanna...

I should be over it.

But something tells me I like her.

Why? I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I just don't know my feelings. I can't tell who she likes because there's me, Taylor, and Matthew.

Then Max came in with his small backpack and looked up at me. "...Hi..."

I put on a smile. "Hey, Max."

"How many of us are here?" Taylor asked.

"Are you dumb? Fucking count," Owen said.

I snorted.

Owen's hilarious.

Taylor turned to Jayden awkwardly, as Jayden shot Owen a death glare. "Don't worry, he's just being a sarcastic ass."

"Hey, there's a little kid, let's not curse," I said.

"There's five people," Taylor said. "4 rooms. How are we splitting this is? I mean, I'll stay with Jayden."

I stared at Jayden, waiting for what he'll say.

He just nodded. "Yeah, and..."

"No homo though," Owen interrupted.

Jayden turned to me as realization hit me. "Oh— Dylan... I mean—"

I shook my head. "I'll just have my own room."

"Oh," Taylor said. "Honestly, we can all have our own rooms, unless someone wants to—"