Chapter 5: Confession

The world around me was dark. I couldn't see more than a few meters ahead of me. I got up from the foetal position I was lying in and looked around.

Moments after getting to my feet, factory lights lit up above me one by one. They were only lighting up spots on the floor, nothing around me. I walked along the path they set for me.

The lights kept switching on one by one until the ninth light, which shone down on my closest classmates and teachers. They seemed confused and worried.

"He's coming." Said Midoriya in a monotone voice.

"W-what?"

"He's coming." This time he whispered it.

I heard heavy footsteps slowly coming behind me and turned to look as the lights were shutting off one by one at each step until the last light in front of me had gone out.

I turned to face my friends again and saw they'd all died, their skin and flesh rotting and deteriorating. I ran over and fell to my knees as I wailed in despair.

Tsu's hand grabbed my arm as she looked at me with an eyeless face. She slowly croaked,

"You... Could've... Saved... Us..."

"From who? Who is it?"

I asked in vain, as all that was left were a pile of bones. The bones started rattling as I jumped back a few steps and I watched, the bones melting and merging together.

The pile of bones bubbled and set a form, a three headed giant skeleton that looked down on me in contempt. Its voice sounded like everyone's combined.

"Weakling! Pathetic child! You can't even see what's two steps ahead of you!"

"No! I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!"

The skeleton reached into the floor and phased through it, grabbing a chain and attaching it to my ankle. It dropped a key to the cuff in front of me and told me to grab it.

"Only you can save yourself. Remove the shackles and set yourself free."

The floor below me turned into a conveyor belt which started pulling me towards a sheer drop, which was now being illuminated by lights above it.

I panicked as my arms refused to cooperate. I tried to grab the key but it kept slipping through my fingers, and my fingers were also numb, I could barely move them.

The edge got closer and closer, as the skeleton shook its head in disapproval. It folded its arms and walked away into the darkness as I reached the edge and fell.

I fell into the void, the only feeling I felt was the air rushing through my hair, as tears poured from my eyes. I suddenly landed on my back and jumped.

My eyes shot open as I gasped and sat up, looking around. I was in a hospital bed. Just another bad dream. It felt symbolic, like a bad omen or some crap.

There was no one in the room with me and I was really thirsty. I swung my legs over the side of my bed and lay them on the floor. No shoes or socks.

The floor was cold and I suddenly got the inclination to look down at myself and threw the covers off me. I was in a hospital gown, my clothes nowhere to be found.

I looked around and saw some slippers which I put on my feet. They didn't fit well, I nearly fell over a few times as I adjusted to them, being a few sizes too big.

I shuffled to the door whilst dragging a machine attached to the IV line that was in my arm. It was on wheels so that patients could wander around if they wanted to.